Corporate Affairs Oncology Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Corporate Affairs Oncology ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will help to cascade and execute a communications strategy and plan in support of oncology portfolio, with a focus ensuring alignment, integration and the sharing of information and content from the global TA team to the key priority markets.
- Supports team on communications workstreams to ensure consistent and integrated activities
- Supports implementation of key tactics in the US and coordinates with priority markets outside the US
- Plays key role in execution of the congress strategy, ensuring plans, messages and activities are cascaded from global and are pulled through to key local markets
- Day-to-day manager of the Amgen Oncology social media strategy, including monitoring and posting content, drafting editorial content, working with the Amgen Enterprise social media team and analyzing social media metrics reporting and identifying relevant KPIs
- Partners with Enterprise media and social teams and GCO digital lead on content strategy and milestone support
- Regularly works with Legal, Regulatory and Medical on the review and approval of multiple materials/assets through e-Approve and MAC; shares final materials within Oncology comms network
- Works with agency to ensure we are tracking against comms objectives, KPIs in support of the oncology franchise
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The upbeat professional we seek is a phenomenal communicator with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Masters degree and 2 years of Communications experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 4 years of Communications experienceOr
Associates degree and 10 years of Communications experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Communications experiencePreferred Qualifications
Five to seven years of related experience in Public Relations and/or Public Affairs
5+ years of social media experience
2+ years experience working within a regulated industry
Experience in moving the needle in social media engagement
Experience in writing clever, insightful and stimulating content
Biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical device or related healthcare public relations/affairs experience (in a corporate, PR agency or government environment is preferred)
Issues and/or crisis management experience is highly desirable
Possess a natural curiosity for and consistent record in delivering innovative, state-of-the-art communications approaches that drive targeted and high-impact results among audiences
Strong collaborator; ability to coordinate with different functions and staff in the company and outside vendors to achieve communications and business objectives
Strong oral and presentation skills; ability to negotiate and persuade
Strong writing skills
Strong facilitation and group process experience
Ability to navigate a challenging and dynamic environment efficiently
Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Ability to deal with constantly evolving priorities
Ability to interact with all levels of management, staff and vendors
Excellent interpersonal skills; hardworking, team player and self-starter; serious commitment to hard work and excellenceThrive
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.