Sr. Director Health Outcomes, Real-World Evidence
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
***Flexible work arrangements for those who are unable to relocate***
The Impact You’ll Make
- Direct and lead Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) strategy development to support clinical development across a diverse portfolio of molecules
- Ensure Real-World Data (RWD) is robust and up-to-date through each stage of the clinical trials to decrease the cost and time, improve patient experience, and assure holistic measurement of the impact of therapeutics on disease
- Explore the use of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning tools to improve understanding of disease biology and associated outcomes for the purposes of improving trial designs, enhancing clinical trial operations, and collaboration across the company
- Promote and ensure compliance of evidence-based medicine data generation and strategy to support sound principles for economic and value proposition
- Develop and use cost effectiveness, budget impact and health impact models to communicate potential public health and economic value of various therapeutics
- Collaborate with Portfolio Analytics and Strategy Group to support and, in some cases, refine our asset strategy with evaluations of the potential real-world impact (both financial and health outcomes) of our pipeline assets given the proposed Target Product Profile.
- Provide expertise on health economics and RWE studies to internal and external stakeholders in collaboration with Medical Affairs
The Team You’ll Join
As Sr. Director of Health Outcomes, Real-World Evidence, you will report to the Chief Medical Officer and serve as a key member of the Development Team. The Development Team is an empowered, execution-minded group of drug development professionals responsible for translating Recursion’s innovative science to patients through clinical development activities.In your role, you will work with colleagues in Development and cross-functional peers across the Recursion organization.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Advanced degree (Masters or Doctoral) in a relevant field (e.g., health economics, outcomes research, health services research, epidemiology, health economics, health policy or related fields)
- 10+ years of relevant experience with an emphasis on the pharmaceutical industry, real-world studies, or outcomes research
- Experience with end-to-end RWE project delivery focused on secondary data (RWD), including support of clinical trial design and development. Experience with US secondary real-world data (RWD) sources such as claims, EMR, clinical databases, etc.
- Experience with HTA organizations such as NICE and SMC is desirable
- Experienced in delivering quality results on time with attention to ethics and compliance
- Experience with selection and management of Healthcare Analytics/RWE and other support vendors
- Experience with big data platforms and analytics tools
- Technical expertise in economic evaluations in the healthcare industry
- Familiarity with US and Global healthcare delivery systems, payers, reimbursement models
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.