AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Vice President of Research, Non-Clinical and Translational Sciences (NTS) and other senior members of the department (as appropriate or assigned). Plays an integral role in ensuring smooth operation of the department.
The successful Executive Assistant is self-driven and will ensure that the Executive’s productivity is enhanced by managing calendars, meetings and travel schedules. Will ensure that meetings are scheduled and prepared for, including the coordination of offsite events. This position requires the ability to manage and coordinate complex business travel, both domestic and international, by developing itineraries and agendas, booking transportation, hotel, and meeting accommodations. Must have the ability to manage multiple important assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time and gaining the cooperation of others to ensure successful completion. Must be comfortable working/interfacing with all levels within the organization and fostering and maintaining strong working relationships.
- Calendar Management: Coordinates full schedule of Executive, ensuring that meetings, deadlines, presentations and other duties are carried out seamlessly. Schedules meetings with internal and external attendees with consideration for multiple locations and/or time zones. Prepares necessary documents needed for meetings. Determines priorities and ensure efficient management of meetings. Review calendar often for schedule conflicts occurring throughout the week/month and proactively brings to the attention of Executive. May provide calendar support to other department members as appropriate.
- Time Management: Takes requests for meetings and informs visitors when/where Executive will be available. Responsible for client/visitor escorts. Informs Executive of meeting start times throughout the day and facilitates timely meeting wrap-ups.
- Travel Management: Manages travel (domestic and international) and logistics for Executive. Prior to travel, proactively review itinerary with Executive to ensure all details are addressed. Responds with a sense of urgency to changes. Tracks expenses and prepares expense reports in a timely manner. May provide travel support to other department members as appropriate.
- Staff Support: Serves as information resource for RNTS staff by staying current with Allergan policies and procedures. Coordinates activities relating to personnel changes, ordering business cards, office/cubicle moves and other tasks as necessary. Responsible for new employee set up, orientation training, and assisting with troubleshooting system access issues, etc. Assists Managers with scheduling appointments and events, travel, expense reports, catering and lunch requests, ordering office and lab supplies and lab coats.
- Department / Facilities Support: Procures and maintains office supplies, processes facilities work orders for general office maintenance as well as maintenance of printers, office equipment, and kitchen appliances. Maintains employee database, phone list, SharePoint documents and folders. Takes initiative in performing administrative tasks not requiring immediate attention of supervisors, requiring confidence and professional judgment. Assists other department Assistants when necessary including vacation coverage. Sorts and disseminates mail. Manages both paper and electronic filing systems.
- Business Operations Support: Support with contract/agreement activities: Process FMV assessments and ensure required rates are within assessment and budget forecast. Coordinates all requests for Contingency Worker Program. Assists with budget tracking, measuring progress vs. plan budget, accruals, forecasting, tracking/trending of invoices. Process Capital Expenditure requests and blanket purchase orders. Manages approval of invoices, allocation, reconciliation and reporting. Supports employee training program. Updates department’s SharePoint site as needed.
- HS diploma and 5 years related experience is required.
- Two-year or four-year degree in business administration or related field preferred.
- 10+ years relevant experience with increasing responsibility preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of computer software programs (MS Office and other relevant software) and willingness to learn new systems as required (SAP and SharePoint).
- Proven experience in managing complex schedules.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, other departments, and both internal and external stakeholders.
- In office work hours are typically 8AM-5PM Pacific Standard Time
- Flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Able to to work independently and take initiative for problem-solving.
- Can set priorities and handle multiple tasks with a high level of efficiency
- Able to develop collaborative partnerships and exercise professional judgement that enables delivery of business results.
- Creative, flexible, well organized, resourceful and detail oriented. Operates with diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality. Excellent judgment in handling confidential, legal, or sensitive information.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.