Manager, Business Intelligence & Analytics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Conceive, design, and implement new business technology solutions that solve significant scientific or business problems through the integration, visualization, and analysis of large and complex data. Generate new proposals and lead those efforts. Investigate, identify, develop, and optimize new methods, algorithms, and technologies to derive novel, competitive insights from disparate data sources or drive productivity and efficiency gains throughout multiple business areas. Act as a leader in his/her area of expertise and critically evaluate relevant scientific and technological advances and integrate this knowledge into new business technology solutions.
Define business analytics and performance metrics of AbbVie's Purchasing (PSM) & Central Services (CS). It involves working with multiple business areas across Procurement & Supplier Management, Security, Environment Health Safety, Facilities and Site Operations. The role reports to the BTS Associate Director of this Functional area and works closely with cross functional business and BTS teams. Our environment is fast-paced and requires a candidate who is flexible, detail-oriented, thrives on ambiguity and can drive results across cross-functional groups.
- Elicits and communicates the organization’s business strategy; works directly with business unit clients to understand specific business processes and needs and opportunities for improvement; identifies IT capabilities and information required to support the business processes and collaborates in the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Champions DataOps processes to provide business insights with the rapid velocity. Translates business needs into data structure so that insights are effortlessly provided.
- Demonstrate high proficiency across a wide range of technologies related to the storage, transfer, integration, visualization, and analysis of large and complex data sets. Proficient in SQL queries, PL/SQL and ETL tools. Holds comprehensive knowledge in Big Data toolsets. Broad expertise in software development, data warehousing, statistics, and machine learning.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of the pharmaceutical and healthcare business, and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor.
- Seize opportunities to pursue relevant leads that are in line with the group’s strategy.
- Proactively seek out new information and technologies in the literature/public domain and incorporate into individual project(s) as well as the overall program
- Mentor/supervise a team of statistical programmers, Statistical Analysts and Senior Statistical Analysts and guide and evaluate the performance of those individuals; is accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals.
- Develop strategies to leverage data for operational metrics, sophisticated data analysis, and advanced data modelling to solve Business problems
- Conducts training. Identify process disconnects and translate them into improvement opportunities with cost savings or avoidance, productivity improvements, or revenue generating business benefits. Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other BTO's to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Develop and maintain a demand roadmap aligned with priority, resource capacity, dependencies, and ongoing project portfolio
- Manage portfolio of business intelligence projects to ensure on-time delivery
- Enhance Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) documentation to align with agile methodologies and deliver high-quality reporting solutions quickly and continuously
- Benchmark and evaluate business intelligence best practices and solutions related data visualization and data mining that will be sustainable and fit our AbbVie environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 7years of experience, MBA or equivalent education and typically 6 years of experience, PhD and typically 2 years of experience. Background in life sciences or work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Solid understanding of key BI trends and emerging technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL
- Experience managing large and complex BI projects across multiple business functions
- Experience reviewing and streamlining business processes, including gathering and documenting business requirements, developing and implementing new processes and procedures. Solid experience on Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Ability to communicate problems in terms that are understandable to end users at all levels
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical industry & validation environment
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.