Product Analyst / Business Systems Consultant
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Description / Purpose
The Product Analyst / Business Systems Consultant for the Brand Excellence Capability assists the Product Owner by sustaining the detailed body of knowledge related to a capability Product or portfolio of related Products. Thus, enabling Product visioning, roadmapping and realization, and ultimately the ability to consistently deliver on the Product value proposition to client stakeholder groups. The PA/BSC acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the features, functionalities, processes, and data of the Product and associated ecosystem. Provides advice, assistance and leadership in any area associated with the planning, procurement, provision, delivery, management, maintenance, and effective business use of the capability Product or Product portfolio for the Brand Excellence (BEx) business area. Analyzes business processes; elicits, analyzes, and documents business requirements; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and makes recommendations typically seeking to exploit and leverage new or existing technology components. Translates business requirements and needs into functional requirements; performs data and process modeling; manages change; and leads, coordinates/performs testing, verification, and validation of requirements. Able to move and traverse across different technologies based on the focus of projects or Products.
• Works directly with Brand Excellence stakeholders to understand BEx business processes, business drivers and business strategy across multiple business units or functions; identifies and communicates resulting needs and opportunities for user experience or business process improvement that can be enabled via technology, preferably through existing Products or ecosystems.
• Proactively shares knowledge of the BEx capability Product or Product portfolio with BTS colleagues and client stakeholders in the form of presentations, training, or Knowledge Transfer documentation. Able to effectively evangelize Product benefits and value proposition to client stakeholder groups.
• Investigates and understands capabilities of existing systems and technologies already in use across Commercial functions and investigates available technologies applied to the BEx function in industry; identifies information required to support the business strategy and leads the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
• Participates and/or manages formal demand management process, including validating needs, building rationale-based business cases to aid prioritization, bundling and scheduling demands into Releases and coordinating required integrated team’ capacity to fulfill.
• Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures. Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative technology solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices.
• Makes recommendations to process stakeholders regarding the correct approach to achieve process improvement objectives. These may include business process outsourcing, application development, alternate operating or service models, or adopting business process management (BPM) practices.
• Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other BTS functions or BTOs to ensure successful implementation and support of Product or project efforts. Manages relationships between clients involved and BTS functions to assure effective communication between the groups is occurring. Brokers services within BTS on behalf of client stakeholders; coordinates portfolio of solutions and identifies interdependencies.
• Allies with other BTS functions or BTOs to remain current on project status, and inform Client stakeholders of progress; conversely, keeps BTS managers aware of user, technical or operational issues and resolves conflicts. Identifies the impact of any relevant statutory, internal or external regulations on the organization's use of information.
• Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial, and quality aspects. Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
• May prepare testing plans to confirm that requirements and system design are accurate and complete. Conducts training.
• Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed business process improvements and the technical solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made. Also accountable for communicating the business need and drivers to development or support groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
• Bachelor's Degree with 7 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 6 years’ experience; PhD with 2 years’ experience
• Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build trust with client stakeholders, and intuitive ability to listen and ask effective questions. Innovative thinking and the ability to leverage experience and related worlds to be successful in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Experience with Cloud Based Technologies and projects.
• Demonstrable experience and understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and experience with SDLC waterfall methodologies.
• Interest in technology trends and application of technology to improve end user’s experience.
• Exercises latitude in the approach to problem solving.
• Determines and develops approach and solutions to problem.
• Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment.
• Experience with Commercial Brand Teams’ activities, planning and execution at a Global, Regional and/or Affiliate level
• Knowledge of Commercial Brand Team terminology, processes, practices, procedures, and competencies
• Experience with Agile SCRUM methodologies and User Story definition
• Proficient in Project Management practices, Product and Product Portfolio management, and Budget Planning and Budget Management
Significant Work Activities
Continuous suiting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8-hour day)
Yes, 10% of the time
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.