Clinical District Manager - Roanoke, VA (2BI99)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Divisional Sales Manager (DM) is responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in an assigned market. This position staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. The DM will need to observe and identify market opportunities and challenges and subsequently develop, plan, implement, and follow through with action plans to positively influence opportunities and challenges within and through their team; this includes the development of team members towards corporate growth.
Cities/Territories Covered: Bristol, Roanoke, Charleston
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience in medical and/ or pharmaceutical industry.
- Previous management experience or experience as a Regional Sales Trainer required.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills and to interface with different departments throughout the organization.
- Advanced interpersonal skills to work with individuals in the delivery of coaching and performance feedback.
- Applies a range of traditional and non-traditional problem-solving techniques to think through and solve issues creatively to improve performance and company effectiveness.
- Ability to build rapport and relationships by interacting effectively with employees and external contacts (i.e. MD and office staff) at all levels, demonstrating the awareness of their needs and responding with the appropriate action.
- Highly effective organizational skills to balance multiple priorities.
- Applies advanced presentation skills for the delivery of corporate approved materials.
- Working knowledge of institution (hospital) sales environment and managed care markets.
- Advanced business analytical skills to identify trends, opportunities and threats to then determine actions to drive business or overcome challenges. Able to adapt to corporate reporting tools.
- Strong documented sales results over time.
- Demonstrates solid clinical product knowledge.
- Computer Skills; Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
- Candidates must be able to successfully pass background, motor and drug screen investigations.
Significant Work Activities
Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.