Communications Specialist, Allergan Aesthetics
At Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie company, we develop, manufacture, and market a portfolio of leading aesthetics brands and products. Our aesthetics portfolio includes facial injectables, body contouring, plastics, skin care, and more. Our goal is to consistently provide our customers with innovation, education, exceptional service, and a commitment to excellence, all with a personal touch. For more information, visit www.AllerganAesthetics.com.
The Specialist, Corporate Communications serves as a resource to develop, distribute, and oversee global communications programs including but not limited to executive emails, intranet stories, and cross-functional internal communications. The successful candidate for this position will provide additional in-house resources on projects across the Corporate Communications team; project coordination, team support, research capabilities, execution of activities internally and using third-party vendors to support more timely global communication, and to serve in support of Corporate Communications’ high visibility projects for global, corporate initiatives. The Specialist will work across the team to develop and implement communications strategies and programming, measuring communications effectiveness and adapting as needed; facilitating internal feedback channels/opportunities; and helping to support functional communications needs across Allergan Aesthetics. Position requires hands-on activity across multiple priorities and familiarity with traditional and emerging communications capabilities, including video, graphics, web-based communications,. Position will ensure that adequate resources are targeted on time-sensitive and high visibility communications deliverables. Position may need to support administrative needs of department as appropriate to projects.
Essential Job Functions:
· Develop and distribute internal communications to colleagues, writing and seeking appropriate approval for internal employee communications, translation of corporate materials into appropriate languages
· Assisting with global storytelling in multiple mediums - orchestrating distribution of materials to all global colleagues, feature story generation to highlight key business news, topics or areas across the organization, manage company intranet and develop and share content across internal platforms, coordination of editorial calendar, developing communication plans for internal campaigns, posting information to corporate intranet, moderate project flow and ensure delivery of communications initiatives on tight deadlines and recognizing budget constraints.
· Administration, training, content generation and maintenance of internal online platforms, including: Sharepoint, Yammer/Unily and Brand Central
· Working with the global network of communications champions to ensure proper material distribution, assisting communications team and business leaders to develop communications targeted at their internal audiences, and
· Working collaboratively with others in the Corporate Communications team to develop employee communications for important company news and will provide as-needed support across global Corporate Communications function;
· Support departmental response to management requests which fall outside of routine communication programs and/or requirements. Includes PowerPoint presentation creation, civic event participation and company coordination to same, etc.
·Perform ad hoc research to support external and internal initiatives, events and industry news
· Ensuring compliance with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
· Performing related duties as assigned
Knowledge required of:
· Various communications tools and methods
· Communications with global audiences and cultural norms
· Business and personal computer hardware and software applications
· Business English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
· Current Company policies, practices and procedures
Skills required in:
· Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
· Working autonomously and exercising good judgment
· Confidently presenting information to a diverse audience
· Responding to inquiries from management, employees and vendors
· Attention to detail and sense of urgency
· Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships
· Maintaining confidentiality of data
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent from an accredited college or university, and 2-5 years' experience; or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.