Public Relations Specialist, Facial
At Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie company, we develop, manufacture, and market a portfolio of leading aesthetics brands and products. Our aesthetics portfolio includes facial injectables, body contouring, plastics, skin care, and more. Our goal is to consistently provide our customers with innovation, education, exceptional service, and a commitment to excellence, all with a personal touch. For more information, visit www.AllerganAesthetics.com.
The PR Specialist, Facial Aesthetics, reports directly to the Director of Communications and Public Relations supporting the Allergan Aesthetics injectables product portfolio including BOTOX® Cosmetic and the JUVEDERM Collection of Fillers. The role supports the end-to-end execution of key strategic public relations programs focused on supporting the organizations direct-to-consumer and healthcare provider marketing efforts through media, social media influencer and consumer education. The successful candidate for this position will provide additional in-house resources across the public relations team; develop materials, coordinate schedules, timelines and execution of activities internally ensuring the successful execution of highly visible initiatives for the brands.
The PR Specialist will work collaboratively with the Director, the social media influencer manager, the public relations team, agency of record and marketing teams to deploy strategic public relations programs; developing and reviewing materials to ensure quality and alignment with overall program goals; overseeing healthcare provider engagements; managing the materials review and approval process; facilitating cross-functional collaboration and feedback for all executional elements; media monitoring reporting and analysis; exploring new communications channels and partnerships; and communicating with key stakeholders.
This position requires hands-on activity across multiple priorities and familiarity with traditional and emerging communications capabilities, including video, graphics, web-based communications, and emerging social media capabilities. This role may need to support administrative needs of department as appropriate to projects and the calendar of activities.
Essential Job Functions: This is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws
- Develops and reviews materials, ensuring accuracy and compliance with all guidelines
- Secures all cross functional reviews and approvals including final medical, legal, regulatory and compliance approval for all product materials
- Develop a solid knowledge of the products, key messages, and regulatory requirements for all product communication
- Learn the review and approval process for all product materials coming to successfully navigate the medical, legal, regulatory and compliance landscape
- Works to ensure timely execution of all programs managing calendar development, project management and timelines
- Supports departmental response to management requests which fall outside of routine communication programs and/or requirements. Includes PowerPoint presentation creation, civic event participation and company coordination to same, etc.
- Ensures compliance with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and
- Manages internal media alerts, media monitoring and analysis
- Present tactical plans, results reports, and media analysis to departmental leadership in partnership with the Director
- Lead third party vendors in creation of materials that align brand priorities
- Enforce & maintain brand guidelines, brand resources and various brand assets
- Performs related duties as assigned
Knowledge required of:
- Various communications tools and methods
- Business and personal computer hardware and software applications
- Business English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Associated Press style writing
- Basic public relations and media elements
- Current Company policies, practices, and procedures
Skills required in:
- Excellent oral and written skills; communicating clearly and concisely
- Able to proactively manage deadlines
- Working autonomously and exercising good judgment
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships
- Maintaining confidentiality of information
- Ability to manage multi projects with strong project management, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in the use of software tools
Strong change management and interpersonal skills
Bachelor's degree in communication, public relations, journalism, related field or equivalent from an accredited college or university, and 2-3 years
experience; or an equivalent combination of experience and training
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.