Finance Lead, Market Access Contracting & Rebates
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Primary Job Function:
The Commercial Market Access Pricing Organization is responsible for the execution and management of the commercial agreements with U.S. Private Payers for the entirety of Allergan / AbbVie’s branded product portfolio. These Commercial Contracts exceed $35Bn in gross sales and manage over $10Bn in Gross to Net Rebate processing. The Finance Lead, Market Access Contracting & Rebates is responsible for financial and operational support associated with one of the Big Three Pharmaceutical Benefits Manager (PBM) Agreements and other smaller PBM agreements.
Primary responsibilities include performing gross sales and utilization analytics needed in the preparation and development of the Long-Term Plan and Budgeting. Additionally, the candidate is responsible for invoice validation, corresponding dispute resolution with payer entities, and ensuring accurate payment of rebate claims consistent with established pricing policies/procedures. This position is also responsible for assisting in the facilitating of the creation, maintenance, and management of the commercial contracting process.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Provide a high level of independent support in reconciling prior rebate actuals to Current Plan formulary offers for the initial development of Plan/Update/LBE/LRP.
- Provide preliminary deal support, including obtaining gross sales and market share trends, reviewing product Loss of Exclusivity (LOE) issues, and tracking previous contract terms to provide critical context to substantiate new offers.
- Perform routine and ad hoc financial analyses including financial impact assessments and post-deal offer evaluations.
- Validate payer invoicing, adjudicate formulary determination discrepancies, and ensure appropriate and timely processing of rebate payments in accordance with contractual agreement and terms.
- Evaluate contract compliance disputes, review payer invoicing patterns against contractual objectives, and respond directly with payer invoicing teams on all rebate processing issues.
- Serve as subject matter expert in operating software application systems (Model N) and work closely with third party rebate processor (IQVIA) for ensuring accurate contract formulary adjudication.
- Continuous interactions with Government Pricing and Market Access Marketing as it relates to contracted products and rates.
- Assists in managing contract requests, including the maintenance of term extensions, amendments, and restatements.
- Special projects as needed, including integration initiatives and system upgrade implementations.
Lead the translation of prior rebate financials into current payer offerings and play a key role in ensuring the timely and correct forecasting of LBE/LRP Gross to Net financials
Lead analysis and evaluation of Market Access contracts (Commercial, Medicare and Managed Medicaid, Health Exchanges) including analysis of utilization and market share data for rebate agreements.
Coordinate the preparation of contract documents to provide total inclusion of all negotiated terms and conditions consistent with AbbVie contract template guidelines:
- Ensure that contract terms are consistent with approved pricing offers and procedures.
- Ensure that contractual commitments are met, managing the processing of submitted rebate data via a third-party vendor and ensuring the timely accurate payment, reporting and planning of rebates.
Incumbent will interact with multiple levels of management, including Allergan / AbbVie US Business Unit Directors, Finance/Pricing Directors, and Account Managers. The incumbent is expected to assume full responsibility for the review and analysis of major projects with minimal supervision and technical guidance.
Basic Qualifications: 6+ Years of progressive Finance/Accounting experience
The candidate must also possess the following skill sets:
- Experience with long-term financial planning and forecasting
- Adept at analyzing and modeling financial data effectively.
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, planning and decision-making skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills including a comfort level with presenting to various levels of executive management.
- Function independently and provide the leadership required to negotiate change/compromise to drive the business forward to reach the intended goals.
- The ability to interact with and support senior level management and to partner effectively and independently in a matrix organization.
- The ability to manage and coordinate multiple activities and due dates, and shifting priorities, under tight timeframes.
- A highly motivated self-starter who can translate broad directions into high quality analytical output.
- Knowledge of TM1, Model N, COGNOS, Qlikview helpful
- Ability to manage stakeholders in multiple time zones
Bachelor’s Degree in finance/accounting or business preferred with equivalent experience required.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.