Manager/Sr Manager Medical Information
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Manager/Sr. Manager position within GMAF Global Medical Information (GMI) focuses on ensuring high quality medical information outputs. This role is responsible for managing responses to external inquiries from healthcare professionals, patients, advocacy groups, and many other types of requestors. This role also involves medical congress activities and contributing to innovation and systems related to Medical Information. S/he may lead departmental process improvement initiatives. The Sr. Manager is developing skills related to the the leadership of more complex projects and processes.
The GMI Manager/Senior manager has global responsibility across therapeutic areas and regions. The successful individual is highly collaborative and thrives in an environment of change and cross-functional coordination. Technological savvy for engagement with systems and digital initiatives is an important component of the role.
- Manage and monitor GMI cases, serving as the contact point for questions escalated from the Medical Information vendor(s) and coordinating input from internal departments
- Collaborate and liaise with relevant functions, including Scientific Communications and Exchange, Medical and Commercial teams, and Patient Advocacy, to ensure accuracy and consistency of interactions, and completeness and quality of responses
- In collaboration with other stakeholders, support Medical Affairs booth pre- and post-congress activity, including preparation and shipment of congress materials, congress planning meetings, physical and virtual booth design, booth staffing, inquiry handling, and ensuring content management systems are in place for relevant congresses
- Engage in maintenance and evolution of the Medical Affairs congress platform, BioMarinMedical.com and other digital initiatives
Internal Medical Information responsibilities and Vendor Oversight
- Deliver Medical Information training of regional new hires and business partners, including to ensure understanding of the process for submitting Global Medical Information requests and available resources
- Responsible along with other members of Global Medical Information for vendor oversight and partnership including training, quality, and workflows.
- Provide global insights and competitive intelligence by gathering and sharing Medical Information analytics with Scientific Communication and other internal stakeholders
- Represent GMI on GMAF and cross-functional teams
Compliance, Best Practices, and Special Projects
- Ensure compliance with relevant systems and regulations
- Attend and engage with industry trade groups and meetings to build subject matter expertise in Medical Information best practices and trends
- Keep abreast of global and regional guidelines and regulations, and communicate learnings to team
- Represent Medical Information and/or provide critical information for internal and external audits and inspections, with activities for ongoing readiness
- Lead or represent Medical Information on internal logistics, projects and organizational change initiatives as requested.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS in life sciences, health sciences, or other technical area. PharmD, MD, or advanced health sciences degree preferred. Industry or relevant experience in lieu of education accepted.
- 2 or more years of relevant experience in medical affairs, clinical sciences or practice, business, and/or equivalent field for Manager; 6+ years for Senior Manager
- Experience with business software including web-based applications and graphics programs preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.