Competitive Intelligence Senior Manager, Solid Tumors
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Competitive Intelligence Senior Manager, Solid Tumors
What you will do?
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will lead intelligence gathering activities for US and Global marketing teams to support multiple assets across Amgens Oncology Business Unit. This critical role will report directly to the Director, Competitive Intelligence.This person will:
- Be a strategic thought partner to key collaborators across disease area, brand, corporate, and other cross-functional teams supporting Amgens OBU.
- Synthesize information from multiple sources to develop strategic insights and point of view on key competitive developments, implications to Amgen and actions Amgen must take.
- Work in a highly cross functional manner and manage changing priorities across several key customers.
- Develop productive relationships with Global and Regional teams to define business problems and develop integrated analysis plans based on standard methodologies.
- Apply structured problem solving to collect, analyze and report CI, incorporating primary and secondary data sources to generate meaningful insights.
- Articulate and educate customers on the relevant impact of changing market dynamics to their business from a CI perspective.
- Organize and facilitate strategic exercises & competitive simulations to generate competitive insights and company plans.
- Coordinate and facilitate CI collection efforts at major medical conferences/congresses.
- Manage a network of primary data sources, including vendors and Amgen employees, to enable effective project delivery.
- Assess the reliability of CI research findings, maintaining high standards for accuracy, relevance, and quality in deliverables at all times and communicate level of evidence to key partners.
- Present on a regular basis in-depth analyses and summaries of results, interpreting and communicating results with recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Work to grow competitive intelligence/strategy to support other functions in the organization.
- Abide by and strictly enforce Amgens CI Legal and Ethical Guidelines with internal colleagues and agencies.
- Some travel (15-20%) required.
What we expect of youBasic Qualifications
Doctorate degree and 2 years of consulting and/or competitive intelligence experienceOr
Masters degree and 6 years of consulting and/or competitive intelligence experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 8 years of consulting and/or competitive intelligence experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Advanced degree (MS/MBA/PhD) with a focus on life sciences and business
- Experience with previous competitive intelligence role through agency and/or biopharma experience
- Experience in biopharma industry
- Relevant experience in oncology via prior project work, disease area knowledge, marketing/sales experience, etc.
- Prior experience in strategy/management consulting in the biopharma industry preferably through a lead role
- Prior experience as an equity research analyst within the biopharma industry
- Consistent track record of influencing key business decisions through thoughtful insights and recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analyze data to support critical business decisions
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skillsable to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
- Evident project management skillsable to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and data sources
- Demonstrated analytical skillsunderstands the advantages and limits of different analytical approaches and studies
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment
- Strong understanding of the latest developments and trends in the oncology space, key competitive dynamics and unmet medical needs
- Understanding of at least one other functional area in BAI (market research, forecasting, marketing analysis)
- Experience in insights generation for the biopharmaceutical (or other healthcare) industries
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.