Senior Associate Scientist - Bioanalytical Sciences
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Senior Associate Scientist - Bioanalytical SciencesLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will follow established procedures with minimal supervision to validate and implement robust bioanalytical methods for the measurement of large molecule and siRNA biotherapeutics. These methods will be required to support both nonclinical and clinical studies.
- Plans, conducts, analyzes and records experiments, and provides interpretation of data
- Effectively trouble-shoots equipment and experimental difficulties
- Communicates data and interpretation to work group
- Works in accordance with organization and department compliance, safety and quality requirements and SOPs
- Contributes to internal/external reports, papers, presentations, regulatory documents
- Assists in the implementation of novel protocols to address specific issues
- Effectively transfers experimental methods from literature to the lab and makes modifications as necessary
- May train staff and/or supervise others
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a scientist with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Masters degree and 3 years of laboratory-based research experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 5 years of laboratory-based research experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills.
- Working knowledge of the regulatory (GxP) requirements for bioanalysis in drug development.
- Highly motivated, creative, collaborative and detail-oriented. - Effective verbal and written English communication skills - Work effectively in a highly collaborative research and development environment.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.