Senior Scientist, Genomic Biomarkers and Translational Medicine
About CytomX Therapeutics:
CytomX Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to changing the treatment of cancer with our novel Probody® therapeutic platform. Our commitment to transforming lives with safer, more effective therapies is driven by our curiosity and passion for innovation and our belief that by acting with integrity in an honest, respectful, ethical manner, we have the power to change lives. Our workplace embodies collaboration, open communication, celebrating our successes, and holding each other to the highest possible standards. CytomX has a broad pipeline, including 4 clinical-stage programs and others in development and is located in South San Francisco, California, the birthplace of biotechnology. Learn more at www.cytomX.com.
Location: South San Francisco, California
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Associate Director, Translational Medicine
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join the Translational Medicine team within the Development Sciences group at CytomX. This team is responsible for all genomics-based biomarker assays from program inception (early discovery) through First in Human studies, in alignment with clinical development objectives, as well as clinic-ready patient selection, target engagement, MoA/pharmacodynamics biomarker assays for the preclinical/clinical programs. The data generated from this team will influence a broad array of decisions around dose optimization, indication prioritization, and potential drug combinations. The candidate will interact and collaborate with scientists within Translational Medicine, Diagnostic Development, Clinical Development, Discovery, Data Science, and our external business partners both Academic and CRO.
The successful candidate must be able to set and understand priorities in a local and matrixed environment, must be a team player with a collaborative spirit, and capable of building and maintaining networks within and outside the organization. The candidate must have a strong background in genomics and its application in translational/clinical programs as well as experience with and understanding of tumor immuno-oncology related disciplines.
The position can either be on-site at CytomX or in a remote working location. We are open to more senior positions based on the experience.
- Work with a small team of ~2-4 scientists to drive the adaptation, execution, integration and validation of cutting-edge genomics-based assay technologies (e.g. NGS, WES/WGS, single-cell RNAseq, gene expression profiling, etc.) and analysis to characterize models and targets, and to identify and develop translational biomarkers in the immuno/oncology setting.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in genomics and genomic bioassays who will oversee experimental design and execution of genomics studies to support preclinical efforts (including early biomarker identification and model characterization) and early clinical stage stage efforts including contracting, bioassay validations, logistical operations, sample processing and data generation of genomics-based assays for use in first-in-human studies.
- Work collaboratively with Translational Medicine/Development Sciences colleagues to develop genomics biomarker strategic plans, assay development and validation proposals for first-inhuman clinical studies
- Work collaboratively with Discovery teams to enable genomic-based analysis of early stage targets and models, including selection of appropriate assays/technologies
- Oversee all aspects of an out-sourced (CRO) work package in support of discovery and translational projects and serve as SME to the Biomarker strategy group.
- Closely interact with the Data Science group to develop strong analysis plan.
- Write SOP, validation plans, final reports, presentations and publications summarizing data.
- Effectively collaborate in highly matrixed organization to drive the advancement of therapeutic candidates.
- Actively participate in internal and external scientific meetings through presentations and critical evaluation of both internal results and emerging scientific literature.
- PhD in biological sciences/molecular biology or related discipline with hands on experience in academic, industry, contract research organization, or pharma setting is required in oncology. Scientist/Senior Scientist/Associate Director title based on experience.
- Subject matter expert in genomics and the development and validation, troubleshooting, reviewing QC run and implementation of assays using various advanced technologies that may not be currently in clinical use.
- Technical expertise with molecular technologies, including but not limited to: NGS, single cell NGS, biofluid analysis, quantitative real-time PCR, digital PCR, gene expression profiling such as NanoString, as well as cutting edge genomics technologies
- Understanding of fit for purpose genomics assay validation principles for clinical assays.
- CRO experience, knowledge of CLIA/GCLP practices is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent organization skills and familiarity with a fast-paced work environment.
- Collaborative spirit and ability to thrive in a matrixed environment
- Ability to clearly communicate and operate in a highly matrixed environment
- Proven track record of handling multiple high priority tasks in parallel with internal and external collaborators
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate a commitment to CytomX values of Integrity, Commitment, Creativity, Teamwork, Accountability, and Fun
CytomX is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. CytomX will not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.