Mgr, District Sales - Neurology - Salt Lake City
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
District Sales Manager
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be the liaison to our customers by providing clinical knowledge of our products to medical professionals.
Amgen's medicines treat serious illnesses and our research address diseases with a limited number of treatment options. With a robust and differentiated pipeline, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people's lives. As a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients, we are actively searching for a District Sales Manager to deliver on this commitment to patients.
Amgen supports and encourages our team members to have long term, fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities such as this opportunity to craft a long-term career with Amgen.
This position will require strong ability to collaborate cross-functionally with other Amgen business units including District Sales Mangers, Regional Sales Directors and Corporate Account Managers.
Additional Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Track the progress of marketing messages and programs
- Provide feedback to district teams on the marketing, allocating, monitoring, and leveraging of internal and external resources (e.g., discretionary spend)
- Manage district teams to maximize their performance and help achieve/exceed sales and budget targets
- Screen, interview, and hire candidates
- Ensure compliance with training
- Demonstrate the appropriate coaching and counseling to prepare individuals for future development
- Conduct annual and on-going performance reviews and competency assessments
- Communicate and coordinate with both district and cross-functional teams (e.g., Marketing, Finance, other Business Units)
- Share best practices with direct reports and peers
- Coordinate and/or participate in cluster teams
- Conduct district sales meetings to guide districts
- Develop local Opinion Leader relationships to achieve aligned objectives
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The sales professional we seek is a go-getter with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Sales/Marketing experience
Masters degree and 6 years of Sales/Marketing experience
Bachelors degree or and 8 years of Sales/Marketing experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Sales/Marketing experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Sales/Marketing experience
2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources.
- Three + years of specialty sales experience
- Experience in biologics
- Buy and bill model experience
- Ability to consistently and objectively recognize and promote success behaviors, as well as diagnose and change unsatisfactory behaviors through effective coaching
- Ability to leverage market & customer knowledge to strategically target messages, resources, and activities within the territory
- Demonstrates knowledge of local payor coverage
- Ability to understand and articulate clinical concepts, data, and conclusions
- Demonstrated ability to utilize clinical information to effectively address customer questions and objections
- Ability to recruit candidates that meet the minimum job criteria
- Interviews and hires sales representatives that are capable and committed to fulfilling the job requirements
- Strong sense of responsibility and demonstrated self-discipline
- Setting appropriate short term and long term objectives; demonstrated success in communicating & collaborating with sales staff, peers, business unit counterparts in an effective and timely manner.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.