Scientific Publications Planning Senior Manager - Inflammation
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Scientific Publications Planning Senior Manager InflammationLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will work with cross-functional and cross-regional leaders to develop strategic, long-term, actionable, global publication plans aligned with program objectives for an Inflammation product.
- Understand sources of inputs, across functions and regions, to gather and evaluate product-specific insights and gaps
- Drive/influence the development of a global publication strategy, communication and publication objectives, and publication tactics, in alignment with global product and medical strategies
- Manage modification of the Global Publication Plan based on shifts in landscape
- Lead global publication planning team meetings and facilitate decision-making on publication priorities
- Lead discussions on appropriate publication innovations (enhanced/digital content, etc.)
- Partner with the Global Core Content lead to ensure relevant publication content is incorporated into global scientific communications for the product
- Manage internal relationships with cross-functional partners and external relationships with authors and business partners
- Support transparency commitments by ensuring adherence to disclosure requirements
- Ensure compliance with Amgen publication policy and external publication guidelines
- Monitor publication metrics to determine performance to plan and identify opportunities for improvement
- Ensure accuracy of the Global Publication Plan as collected in system of record
- Contribute to management of product budget
- Maintain knowledge of published literature relevant to the therapeutic area
- Contribute to and/or lead department, functional, and/or cross-functional activities and initiatives
- Facilitate various department processes (e.g., congress travel for presenting authors, requests for deviations from the Publications Standard Operating Procedure, copyright permissions)
- Provide support at key scientific congresses and meetings
- Understand the evolving publications landscape through engagement with and participation in professional societies
- Mentor and/or manage junior staff
- Manage execution of publications, including oversight of vendors, as needed
- Travel occasionally
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The dedicated professional we seek is a collaborator with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Doctorate degree & 2 years of publication planning industry experience
- Masters degree & 6 years of publication planning industry experience
- Bachelors degree & 8 years of publication planning industry experience
- PhD, MD, PharmD with at least 3 years of publication planning experience in the biopharmaceutical sector
- Experience in developing product-specific publication plans
- Inflammation therapeutic area knowledge
- Ability to cultivate collaborative relationships with relevant stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated record of executing strategically and tactically in a highly matrixed environment working successfully with cross-functional, dynamic teams
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic input to senior leadership and influence decision making, particularly on topics regarding publication planning, data dissemination, and data disclosure requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written, verbal, and presentation) and organizational, time management, and project management/planning skills
- Ability to lead and/or facilitate effective team meetings
- Understanding of clinical trial design and execution, statistical methods, and clinical trial data reporting requirements
- Clear understanding of current publication environment, good publication practices, Sunshine Act/Pharma Code of Conduct, ICMJE, GPP3, and other global guidelines related to publications, scientific data communication, and transparency standards
- Strong computer and database skills, particularly with Microsoft Office products and publication management systems
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.