Program Manager - Business Technology Solutions
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
This position is responsible for planning, executing, and managing Information Technology programs with a strategic impact to the Allergan Aesthetics Commercial Business function.
- Oversees all aspects of assigned Business Technology Services (BTS) programs and projects ranging from $1,500,000 to $4,000,000 and ensures commitment to scope, schedule and budget are met. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities and resources, manages schedule & key milestones and summarizes progress of project.
- Facilitates program reviews, status, scorecards, and executive reporting.
- Support annual budget, long range planning, and forecasting for the Allegan Aesthetics portfolio.
- Responsible for anticipating risks & issues, proactive risk mitigation and making recommendations to business and IT leadership to achieve successful outcomes.
- Responsible for planning and executing project change and communication plans to project stakeholders.
- Responsible for project controls, assessing the degree to which changes to scope, issues, and risks will affect projects and works with department, management, and sponsor to get agreement for resolution. Measure performance to assure the project is progressing as compared to the original plan and budget.
- Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments contributing to the projects. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status and health of the project.
- Fluent in PMO methodologies and standards with planning, development & implementation experience. Experienced with both, Waterfall and Agile delivery methods and leading project execution in a complex matrix environment to deliver results for business and IT stakeholders.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable BTS, Corporate, and Divisional Policies and Procedures
- Bachelor’s degree with 7 years’ experience; Master’s degree with 6 years’experience in project management, business systems analysis, or software development
- Experienced with leading projects in a structured PMO environment using a combination of Agile and Waterfall methodologies i.e., Hybrid project environments, and proven track record of achieving strategic outcomes.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders, key stakeholders, business and technology functions. Ability to lead effectively in a cross-functional matrix environment.
- Prior experience with leading projects supporting the commercial business preferably in the Pharmaceutical and/or Medical Device Industry.
- Prior experience leading projects on technology platforms servicing customer service, customer relationship management, ecommerce, marketing, and data analytics (Salesforce, Veeva, Snowflake, Thoughtspot, Power BI) preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience, working with agile teams in a software development or project delivery capacity with excellent knowledge of:
- Agile/SCRUM practices in a project environment
- Coaching and mentoring teams in agile delivery practices and ceremonies
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and similar agile work management tools
- Expertise in creating work breakdown structures, risk management techniques, cost estimating, schedule development and other concepts associated with waterfall project management methodologies.
- Shows high level of initiative, has critical reasoning and problem-solving skills, and is willing to roll up their sleeves and work with others.
- PPM tools such as Clarity
- PMP Certification preferred
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.