Administrative Assistant II
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
As Administrative Assistant supporting the Vice President, Talent Acquisition as well as direct reports, you will be empowered to perform relevant administrative and operational support responsibilities for the team.
- Manages complex, global calendars and coordinates meetings for leaders.
- Arranges travel and completes expense reports for leaders.
- Interfaces and communicates with internal and external partners and candidates, always offering a delightful experience.
- Budget tracking and reconciliation; responds to inquiries from accounts payable and payees.
- Research solutions to improve effectiveness and efficiency of team.
- Participates in project work across various TA functions including University & Diversity recruitment
- Ideates and executes team and culture building activities.
- Develops a strong network within organization; draws on network to answer questions and successfully execute responsibilities.
- Demonstrates confidentiality in execution of all responsibilities.
- Uses appropriate tools, as needed, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Coordinates documents and correspondence, reports and presentations
- Performs other duties and provides ad hoc support to team members, as required.
- Manage Cristo Rey students and program within the function
Education, Behavioral Competencies And Skills
- Associates degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, in a corporate environment
- Strong PC literacy with intermediate skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel or PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills
- Project coordination
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.