Associate Manager, Commercial Analytics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Description: Associate Manager of Commercial Analytics, Oncology
AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The Company's mission is to create an innovation-driven, patient-focused specialty biopharmaceutical company capable of achieving sustainable top-tier performance through outstanding execution and a consistent stream of innovative new medicines. AbbVie employs approximately 30,000 colleagues worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
AbbVie is striving to outsmart cancer by working with scientists, physicians, industry peers, patient advocacy groups and, most importantly, patients to discover, develop, and provide new therapies that will have a remarkable impact on the lives of people around the world affected by cancer. Our goal is to provide medicines that make a transformational improvement in cancer treatment and outcomes for cancer patients. By exploring and investing in new pathways, technologies, and approaches, AbbVie is breaking ground in some of the most widespread and difficult-to-treat cancers. We are also exploring solutions to help patients obtain access to our cancer medicines. With the acquisition of Pharmacyclics in 2015, and through several collaborations, AbbVie's oncology portfolio consists of marketed medicines and a pipeline containing multiple new molecules being actively evaluated worldwide in 200+ clinical trials in 20+ different cancers and tumor types.
Given the Company’s deep commitment to Oncology, the AbbVie U.S. Commercial Oncology organization is seeking an Associate Manager of Commercial Analytics, Oncology reporting to the Associate Director of Commercial Analytics for Oncology.
Provide analytic support to pull through brand strategy and tactics at a sub-national level. Facilitate understanding of market conditions, customer profiles, brand adoption, and promotional activity at a territory/regional and national level by providing strategic direction to field-facing tools. Recommend enhancements to omnichannel execution at an account and HCP level (personal and non-personal) that will enhance brand performance.
- Develop and execute routine and ad-hoc analytics focused on identification of key business drivers or trends that impact a sales territory or regions profit or loss. Make recommendations to enhance and optimize brand performance.
- Provide strategic direction to the creation of field-facing tools in order to enhance in field team and home office understanding of market conditions, customers and promotional response across multiple channels, which will facilitate business planning and promotional execution.
- Serve as Field Tools Liaison by instilling data and analytics driven insights with field teams. Consolidate/create efficiency in developing and delivering field-facing reporting.
- Analyze promotional metrics across multiple channels (personal and non-personal) at an account and HCP level and recommend execution enhancements that will enhance brand performance.
- Support brand strategy by ensuring application of appropriate targeting and business planning activities; and consistent application of definitions and business rules for key performance indicators across various internal teams and dashboards.
- Ensure accuracy and timely measurements of key performance indicators including reach, frequency, and engagement. Conduct multivariate analyses to determine drivers of increased performance.
- Conduct national and sub-national analysis and integrate findings across multiple stakeholders. Supervise external analytic suppliers to ensure timely and high-quality project execution.
- BA or BS degree (Business Administration, Statistics, Economics or similar)
- A minimum 4 years relevant analytical experience in quantitative analysis of sales and marketing information
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Ability to work closely with and effectively influence multiple stakeholders (sales, marketing, operations, leadership)
- Proficiency with secondary data sources and demonstrated ability to integrate learning across multiple data sets
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Previous Pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Oncology Experience preferred
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.