Senior Research Associate,Technology
Ambrx Inc., is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing Precision Biologics using an expanded genetic code. Ambrx technology uses an expanded genetic code to incorporate synthetic amino acids into protein, all completed within a living cell. These synthetic amino acids enable the creation of Precision Biologics, an exciting new class of therapeutics with broad application and potential. This includes next-generation antibody drug conjugates (ADCs), bispecifics, and targeted immuno-oncology therapies for cancer as well as smart cytokines to modulate the immune system, and long-acting therapeutic peptides for metabolic and cardiovascular disease.
Ambrx is seeking 2 highly motivated Senior Research Associates to join the Discovery Group. The primary responsibility is to support multiple oncology and immune-oncology projects from discovery to the preclinical phase. The candidate will work in a multidisciplinary and dynamic team environment to help with discovery and develop precision engineered biological drugs that change patients’ lives.
- Work in the Discovery Group to support multiple discovery projects to expand Ambrx’s early pipeline
- Build DNA constructs for various formats of biological therapeutics
- Collaborate seamlessly with cell culture group to quickly deliver protein material for discovery projects
- Generate recombinant stable cell lines for assay development and preclinical animal models
- Develop and perform in vitro biological assays to characterize drug candidates
- MS degree with 4+ years of experience, or BS degree with 6-8 years of experience, in the biotech and /or pharmaceutical industry
- Expertise in molecular biology, especially in cloning, PCR, and vector construction
- Expertise in recombinant protein expression in a wide variety of systems (bacterial, mammalian cells)
- Excellent skills in aseptic tissue culture, in vitro biological assays, ELISA
- Hands-on experience in FACS based assays
- Prior experience in stable cell line generation and assay development is desired
- Prior experience working with oncology and immune-oncology therapeutic proteins and translational science is a plus
- Demonstrated passion to learn and advance new technology
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a matrixed team environment
- Good oral/ written communication and strong problem-solving skills
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code.. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits.