Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN), a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses. With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, we continue to advance science to serve patients.
Amgen is seeking a Data Engineer to join the Research and Development IS team!! As part of the Real World Evidence (RWE) Product Team, you will be responsible for "Run" and "Build" project portfolio execution, collaborate with business partners and other IS service leads to deliver IS capability and roadmap in support of business strategy and goals. Real world data analytics, visualization and sophisticated technology play a vital role in support of Amgens industry leading innovative Real World Evidence approaches.Responsibilities:
- Overall management of the Real World Data Platform on AWS environment to ensure that the service delivery is efficient and business SLAs around uptime, performance and capacity are met.
- Automate and Optimize data pipeline and framework for easier and efficient ETL process.
- Collaborate with Amgen enterprise architect, Business SMEs, and Data Scientists to architect data solutions.
- Serve as technical specialist for technical implementation of projects including planning, architecture, design, development, and testing in agile setting.
- Help define guidelines, standards, strategies, security policies and change management policies to support Real World Evidence ecosystem.
- Maintain knowledge of market trends and developments in AWS Big Data related tools, analytics software, and related and emerging technologies like cloud managed services, Agile/DevOps development processes to provide, recommend, and deliver standard methodology solutions
Bachelors degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Associates degree and 6 years of Information Systems experienceOR
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Information Systems experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering related fields
- 3+ years of experience in the data warehouse space
- 3+ years of programming experience preferably in Python, Scala or Java.
- 3+ Experience architecting and building ETL pipelines; Hands-on experience with SQL
- Experience with SAS
- Experience working with Apache Spark, Apache Airflow
- Hands on development experience with Databricks
- Experience with Software engineering best-practices, including but not limited to version control, CI/CD, automated testing
- Experience with AWS services: EC2, S3, EMR, RDS, Redshift/Spectrum, Lambda, Glue, Athena
- Ability to effectively present information for all levels, and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.