Senior Counsel, Intellectual Property Litigation
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Sr Counsel - Intellectual Property LitigationLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will have direct involvement and shared responsibility in all aspects of U.S. and international patent disputes, in both judicial and administrative tribunals, from initial issue identification through resolution.
Working in partnership with outside counsel and other in-house attorneys and staff, the Senior Counsel will develop and drive case strategies as an active team member, including all infringement, validity, and enforceability positions. In addition, the Senior Counsel will have hands-on involvement in such things as witness interviews, discovery (production, support and/or conduct of depositions, drafting of discovery responses), motion and brief drafting, trial preparation (including witness selection and preparation, selection of trial exhibits, drafting of jury instructions, etc.), and participation at trial and on appeal.
In addition to litigating patent issues, the Senior Counsel will also be responsible for developing and counseling others on intellectual property strategies associated with Amgens business and research endeavors.
15% 20% domestic and global travel anticipated.Win
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The strategic professional we seek is an IP litigator with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
J.D. degree or LL.M. degree from an accredited law school, admission to practice law in a U.S. jurisdiction and four (4) years of experience practicing Intellectual Property lawPreferred Qualifications:
- Degree in the sciences and a working understanding of molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, cellular biology, protein chemistry or the like
- Seven (7) years of experience litigating U.S. patent disputes in federal and/or administrative courts, 4+ years of which involved biotechnology-related matters
- USPTO registration
- Trial experience (bench or jury)
- U.S. biosimilar litigation experience
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills (including law firm or corporate experience having managed others) combined with a strong client service focus
- Excellent analytic, legal drafting, and oral and written communication skills
- Some exposure to foreign adversarial proceedings (patent or SPC enforcement proceedings, nullity actions, PMNOC proceedings, oppositions, biosimilar litigation, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and in teams, work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-dimensional projects
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.