Process Development Scientist - Technology
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
PROCESS DEVELOPMENT SCIENTIST - TECHNOLOGYLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital Scientist role you will will be primarily responsible for providing NMR expertise in the analysis of synthetic molecules, which may involve starting materials, intermediates, impurities, degradation products, and APIs. Additional activities the Scientist may support include NMR reaction monitoring for chemical process understanding, 3D structural analysis, and quantitative NMR.
The Structure Elucidation team within Attribute Sciences provides NMR expertise for Amgens clinical and commercial portfolio. Amgen is currently seeking a Scientist position in our Thousand Oaks facility.
The Structural Team is also accountable for supporting the structural elucidation component of regulatory filings. The team also provides support for hybrid and biologic modalities.
The Scientist will work closely with a team of analytical and organic chemists supporting chemical and biological processes by developing NMR methodologies to understand key aspects of synthetic products, manufacturing, and biologic aspects. The Scientist will work in collaboration with NMR structural elucidation scientists across the Amgen network. Our laboratory is equipped with state-of-the art NMR technology.Key Responsibilities
- Structural elucidation of small molecules (organics) using state-of-the-at NMR methodologies
- Support structure characterization of APIs, reference standards, synthetic impurities, and degradation products in GLP and GMP environments
- Collaborate closely with project teams in Process Development
- NMR analysis of hybrid and biologics modalities
- qNMR support and training for purity assay
- Forensic investigations using NMR
- Lead the elucidation of structure section of CMC regulatory filing for small molecule programs
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The scientific professional we seek is a collaborative team-player with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Doctorate degree (Obtained by September 2021)
Or Masters degree and 4 years of NMR experience
Or Bachelors degree and 6 years of NMR experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Ph.D. in chemistry or equivalent with at least 2 years of relevant experience in NMR spectroscopy preferable in the pharmaceutical industry (earned in or before May 2021)
- Proven hands-on experience in small-molecule NMR spectroscopy
- Strong background in organic chemistry and structure elucidation
- Expertise on NMR methods with proficiency on NMR data systems, pulse sequence language
- Understanding GLP and GMP requirements
- Strong written and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with project teams in Process Development and work in fast-paced team environment
- Work well with cross-functional teams, across various geographic locations in different time zones
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.