HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital Engineer role you will join the Amgen Drug Product Global Manufacturing and Sciences group to provide technical support of drug product clinical and commercial manufacturing processes. The position will be responsible for characterization, monitoring, optimization, and troubleshooting of formulation, filling, and finishing processes for parenteral manufacturing with both internal and external manufacturing sites. The individual will work with a team of process engineers to advance the optimization of drug product unit operations such as formulation, filling, lyophilization, and visual inspection.Additional responsibilities will include:
- Process trending and performance evaluations
- Technical writing for process evaluations, technical reports and technology transfer documentation
- Ownership and review of technical protocols, reports, product impact assessments, and regulatory sections in support of marketing applications
- Conduct process risk assessments, provide technology transfer and process scale-up support
- Provide ongoing support to clinical and commercial fill/finish manufacturing operations through troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and product impact assessments for non-conformance investigations and process changes/improvements.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The engineer professional we seek is a collaborative team-player with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree & 2 years of Engineering experience
Associate's degree & 6 years of Engineering experience
High school diploma/GED & 8 years of Engineering experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with clinical and commercial parenteral drug product manufacturing
- Skills in applying fundamental engineering and scientific principles to the design and implementation of protein freeze-thawing, filtration, mixing, filling, and/or lyophilization processes.
- Knowledge of protein biochemistry with regard to chemical and physical stability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with technical writing of protocols and reports.
- Experience with DOE and analysis of data using software such as JMP
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exposure to cGMP manufacturing and documentation.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.