Specialist IS Business Analyst
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be accountable for developing and continuously aligning the wearables and data transmitting smart devices data ecosystem with rapidly changing business needs and Amgen IS technical roadmaps. They will support complex and exciting IS initiatives that require understanding of analytical problem-solving techniques, project management, lifecycle management and Operational Excellence.
Candidates should be progressive thinkers and healthcare domain experts, who will pioneer novel solutions to meet challenges and lead efforts to evaluate, recommend, influence, and implement proven and innovative solutions that enhance and drive the organization forward.
The Specialist Business Analyst is responsible for:
- Partner with client departments and other stakeholders to implement and support business systems that achieve business objectives
- Meet user and regulatory requirements and adhere to internally approved IS standards.
- Work within the Engineering Information Systems (OIS) department, supporting the client functional areas of Global Engineering.
- Understanding of the functional area business models, processes, and priorities, and leverage that knowledge in the delivery of production support and enhancement of existing systems and the implementation of new Engineering Business solutions.
- Participate in and/or facilitate cross-functional and cross site team meetings to discuss and optimize business process automation and will present key findings to Information Systems and business management.
- Coordinate the efforts of other Information Systems groups in the delivery of support for the assigned functional areas.
- Understand and follow Amgens GxP Quality processes and use associated tools.
- Responsibilities include client service request management, process and systems analysis, requirements elicitation, articulating system solutions and approaches for addressing business needs, developing and presenting business cases for proposed solutions. Strong emphasis on 'As Is' process and systems mapping, 'To Be' visioning, and identifying and articulating business and IS functional gaps.
- Coordinating and working with external Amgen Engineering service providers and business partners in support of facilities services optimization; including managing service level agreements, internal IS and client coordination, B2B data transfers, service monitoring and reporting as well as user interface.
Masters degree & 3 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelors degree & 5 years of Information Systems experience
Associates degree & 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED & 12 years of Information Systems experience
- Be the technical client facing role between Manufacturing & Engineering Operations IS team and Enterprise Data Analytics team
- Conduct technical assessments, capability decompositions, and gap analysis between the current offerings and the desiredoutcomes
- Experience with object-orienteddesign, data structures, design patterns and problem solving in a software development environment, preferably using agile/SCRUMmethodologies
- 2+ years in a customer facing role as a solution architect or techlead
- Experience with web service technologies,modern programming languages,and application frameworkssuch as Python, Java,React,Django,Angular,etc.
- Experience with BigData(Hadoop, Spark, EMR) and Cloud Technologies such as AWS (EC2, Redshift, Lambda,etc)
- DeepUnderstanding of1 or more Data and Analytic capabilities (Data Engineering, Data Management, Search, NLP, Conversational Analytics, Data Science, Advanced Analytics,etc)
- Strong leadership and communication skills to work withbusinessusers, product owners,and other senior architectsinorder to articulate tradeoffs anddeliver optimaloutcomes
- Experience with Agile methodologies and DevOps
- Ability to work in a startup-like environment with littlesupervision
- Biotech / Pharma experience is aplus
- Knowledge of the Unified Modeling Language (UML) and experience with Agile and Lean methodologies
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.