Specialist IS Business Analyst
We are seeking a Specialist IS Business Analyst to join our team to develop an insight driven sensing capability with a focus on revolutionizing decision making. As part of this role you both engage with the business users and stakeholders to elicit requirements and also perform data analysis and metrics definition activities as part of a product team of data scientists, business analysists, and software engineers. The team will rely on your understanding of data and business logic along with the ability to effectively interface with the business users to drive clarity around usage and features while building this visionary new capability for Amgen.
- Lead requirements and user story definition sessions with key business users and stakeholders
- Perform data analysis across multiple areas of data to drive understanding and documentation of business logic behind key metrics
- Lead sessions to document and drive understanding and alignment across business groups on metrics definition and data usage
- Eliciting business requirements to developing user stories for system functionality
- Ensuring business processes are documented and the system requirements and solutions meet business needs
- Engage with key vendors and platform owners to understand functionality and how those platforms can be leveraged to solve business problems
- Lead development of user guides or documentation on system functionality
Masters degree and 3 years of relevant experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of relevant experience
Associates degree and 10 years of relevant experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of relevant
- Experience performing data analysis across one or more areas of the business to derive business logic to support key metrics
- Experience working with business stakeholders to identify complex functionality and translate it into application requirements
- Experience working as part of an agile team and authoring development ready user stories
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical clients
- Analytical skills and techniques to evaluate interpret and resolve complex situations/problems using multiple sources of information
- Familiar with Tableau, Spotfire, or other visual analytics platforms
- Experience in biotechnology or other healthcare environment
- Sharp learning agility, problem solving and analytical thinking
- Ability to lead and influence clients, other business analysts, and technical team members
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.