Clinical App & Analytical Svcs Sr Mgr
To serve as an Analytics Management Lead within the Clinical Systems and Analytical Reporting (CSAR) function alongside active membership on the extended CSAR Leadership Team. This senior leadership position will define and design analytical tools to serve a wide-array of business needs, including: supplier governance and oversight, quality and compliance measurements, and build new data-driven approaches for emerging technologies areas such as Decentralized Clinical Trials. Under strategic intent, the position will continue to expand and evolve how analytics are defined within development operations, taking advantage of new data types and assets, metric/graphical models, and mature technology and language use (e.g. AI, NLP, SpotFire). In addition, the position will support new metric capabilities through active participation in data fabric and data mart discussions. The role will ensure global development operations is equipped with the right-level of meaningful metric reporting and business data to monitor study, functional and project performance.
The Analytics Management position will provide strong stewardship in guiding team members and processes to make best use of existing and new reports. To fulfil future state reporting commitments, the Analytics Management lead role will look to refine reporting development and execution processes to automate and continuously improve throughput, quality of services, and maintain a robust reporting catalogue. The position will be accountable for advancing report capabilities to derive new business intelligence including those under the themes of operational efficiency, cycle time management, proactive risk detection, while utilizing historical data sets and trend analysis to predict outcomes.
The role will be required to collaborate and communicate effectively with stakeholders and clinical study team members in order to obtain precise reporting requirement and lead deployment to ensure end-product meets business expectations. The position will need to have a solid understanding of data object flows and reporting applications.
- Doctorate degree & 2 years of directly related experience
- Masters degree & 6 years of directly related experience
- Bachelors degree & 8 years of directly related experience
- Masters degree or equivalent in data analytics or data science, data informatics, computer science or data science related field.
- 5+ years work experience in life sciences, data sciences, or a medical related field.
- Strong leadership skills demonstrating the ability to champion new ideas and challenge conventional mindset and status quo in order to bring to life improved methods of analytical reporting and services.
- Mature knowledge in varying data types and sources used to define clinical operation metrics
- Strong analytical acumen to be able to identify trends, patterns, and leverage data forensics to draw conclusions.
- Deep understanding of graphical and data designs in order to develop the best methods in representing different data or metric scenarios.
- Ability to take risks and influence key stakeholders to new ways of thinking or delivering outputs objectively (fact-based) through data results.
- Exemplary customer service skills, as demonstrated in being able to pivot quickly to emerging or changing business requirements while leveraging business relationships to maximize product delivery.
- Experience in working under a sourcing model which holds global contracted staff accountable for report delivery and associated SLAs.
- Seasoned knowledge and experience in the use of performance management techniques (e.g. Six Sigma), analytical models, measurements and visualizations to adequately present metric data in a cohesive manner.
- Candidates must have excellent communication and listening skills to stakeholders, report community, and fellow CSAR peers in order to make thoughtful decisions, which will advance reporting solutions, influence directional positions, and address risks.
- Be highly self-driven with a strong work ethic focused on results and high-quality outputs.
- Expertise in vendor management and resource management, used to assess workload capacity and monitor functional responsibilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support GDO Functional Leadership members by providing credible and factual analytics to enable decision-making and performance management.
- Accountable for all aspects of report development and services by ensuring timely release of product(s), quality assurance, and thorough review of analysis performed on report outputs discussed in senior management, study and cross-functional forums.
- Promote innovation, by acting as a strong advocate for automation and the advancement of new technologies to streamline services.
- Be a central POC for Global Network and Continuous Improvement (AFP) reporting strategies including making resource and prioritization decisions to support overall roadmap.
- Leverage deep understanding of business processes to search for new methodologies which will drive efficiency, quality, and compliance.
- Act as a subject matter expert, be a single point of contact and escalation source for report related issues and development activities.
- Advance report capabilities through refinement of existing processes and use new technology to develop prototypes to drive forward efficiency, map data relationships (i.e. trending, correlations), and adapt to changing business landscapes.
- Set a clear vision and strategy for the reporting network, keeping the team aligned to functional goals and commitments.
- Be a strong mentor and coach to fellow CSAR colleagues, contractors and vendors providing an environment of shared learning, quick decision making (D-A-I principles), and teamwork.
- Be an avid, contributing member of the CSAR leadership team setting strategic course to future state reporting, defining functional goals, communicating and addressing team risks, and having a strong sense of ownership over reporting network (domain).
- Be results driven, constantly partnering with the team to develop the very best in analytical tools.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.