Senior Associate Scientist - Medicinal Chemistry
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Sr. Associate Scientist - Medicinal ChemistryLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you be part of an innovative Medicinal Chemistry group with responsibilities including (but not limited to) the design, synthesis, and purification of novel compounds for potential clinical drug development. This will also include the opportunity to work within Amgens Induced Proximity Platform (IPP), which is focused on novel and innovative approaches to modulate intractable targets in diseases using the emerging PROTAC modality.
- The Senior Associate Scientist will work in teams to develop, implement and perform organic reactions for ongoing Medicinal Chemistry teams, including troubleshooting of synthetic routes and reactions, scouting of new synthetic routes and performing high difficulty synthetic chemistry.
- Furthermore, you will contribute to the design of new compounds and the development of structure-activity relationships.
- This individual will perform structural determinations using NMR and mass spectral techniques and purify compounds using a variety of techniques.
- They will be recognized as a lab leader and should demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Additional responsibilities include maintaining laboratory notebooks, participating in group and project meetings and, as needed, presenting to groups and aiding in the writing of papers and patent applications.
What we expect of you
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 3 years of laboratory experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of laboratory experience
- Doctorate degree in chemistry specializing in organic synthesis by June 2022 OR 6+ years of focus or specialization in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry (academic and/or industrial)
- Track record of accomplishments (e.g., peer-reviewed publications)
- Demonstrated ability to scout and troubleshoot synthetic routes, and perform high difficulty synthetic chemistry
- Clear understanding of structural determination using NMR and Mass Spectral techniques as well as knowledge of purification methods
- Demonstration of good lab practices, with particular attention to safety
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), leadership skills and the ability to work well in teams
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.