Publications Sr Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Publications Sr ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will provide leadership and expertise in publication planning and execution within the Oncology Therapeutic Area (TA). This role is responsible for working with large cross-functional teams to communicate Amgens scientific data through high quality peer-reviewed publications to the global healthcare community, enabling informed decision making for optimal patient care and access to Amgen products.
- Align with key partners (e.g. clinical development, global medical affairs) to develop product communication strategy for publications and key tier 1 congresses
- Conduct and manage disease and product landscape analyses to guide publications strategy
- Partner with cross-functional areas including Research and Development (R&D), Global Health Economics (GHE), Center for Observational Research (CFOR), Discovery Research, Legal, Regulatory, and Commercial to develop and execute the Publication Plan
- Collaborate closely with internal and external partners, including writers, business partners, and vendors, to execute impactful publications that align with the teams strategy and communication objectives
- Engage and collaborate with external authors, investigators, and congresses to discuss and plan publication content
- Manage effective external relationships with business partners
- Manage publication development timelines and content development of abstracts, posters, oral presentations, and manuscripts
- Ensure compliance with Amgen publication policy and external publication guidelines
- Oversight of outsourcing budget and vendors who assist with analyses and publication content development
- Maintain knowledge of published literature in relevant therapeutic areas
- Partner with the Global Core Content (GCC) lead to lead development of product medical communication strategy, and ensure relevant publication content is incorporated into global scientific communications for the product
- Support key scientific congresses and meetings
- Provide oncology publications team with education and training on publication processes and best practices
- Occasional travel may be required; up to 10%.
- Management and mentoring of staff
- Support the management and prioritization of publication budgets and allocation of writing resources across products
- Contribute to the development of cross-functional deliverables (eg, serves as a key partner to the Medical Platform Head in the development of the Platform Medical Plan)
- Lead or participate in critical functional or cross-functional initiatives
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a go-getter with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Doctorate degree & 2 years of directly related experience
- Masters degree & 6 years of directly related experience
- Bachelors degree & 8 years of directly related experience
- PhD, MD, PharmD, with 4+ years of Clinical Development/Medical Affairs/Regulatory experience in the biopharmaceutical sector
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational, time management, and project management/planning skills
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic input to senior leadership and influence decision making, particularly on topics regarding publication planning, data dissemination, and data disclosure requirements
- Demonstrated record of executing strategically and tactically in a highly matrixed environment working with cross-functional, dynamic teams
- Clear understanding of current publication environment, ICMJE, GPP3, and other global guidelines related to publications, scientific data communication, and transparency standards
- Ability to champion collaborative relationships with relevant partner groups to enable development of robust and executable publication plans
- Experience in publication planning
- Experience in medical writing and/or managing external publication vendors and medical writers
- Understanding of clinical trial design and execution, statistical methods, and clinical trial data reporting requirements
- Strong computer and database skills, particularly with Microsoft Office products and Data-vision
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.