Sr. Associate Scientist, Immuno-Oncology Biomarker Discovery
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Sr. Associate Scientist, Immuno-Oncology Biomarker DiscoveryLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. The Biomarker Discovery team is searching for a highly motivated Senior Associate Scientist to perform research in immuno-oncology. In this vital role, you will contribute to the groups mission to gain a deep understanding of disease biology and heterogeneity, generate patient stratification hypothesis, and identify candidate pharmacodynamic and drug response biomarkers for portfolio projects. You will work in a highly-matrixed environment and collaborate with other functional areas including Discovery Research, Clinical Biomarker & Diagnostics, and Computational Biology.Position Responsibilities
- Make impactful scientific laboratory-based contributions to the research goals and breakthroughs of the Biomarker Discovery group
- Independently plan and perform laboratory experiments, analyze and interpret data, communicate results in team meetings, and participate in the writing of manuscripts for publication
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a scientist with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Masters degree and 3 years of scientific experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of scientific experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Doctorate with research experience in immunology, cancer biology or related field.
- Post-graduate training in immuno-oncology with a focus on myeloid biology would be a plus.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: 1.) Phenotypic and molecular analyses of primary tumor samples by imaging, multi-parameter flow cytometry, gene expression analysis, and next-generation sequencing; 2.) 2D and 3D cell culture, including establishment and maintenance of organoids; 3.) Molecular biology techniques including cloning, CRISPR technology, retroviral/lentiviral gene transfer; 4.) ands-on experience with in vivo animal models of cancer or inflammation; 5.) Knowledge of bioinformatics and integrated analysis of multi-omic data.
- Demonstrated track record of independent critical thinking and scientific achievement in research, exemplified by a strong publication record and/or significant contributions to a therapeutic development program.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledgeable, highly motivated, creative, collaborative with ability to solve problems.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.