HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will participate in Amgens ongoing AI-driven transformation efforts and will be given opportunities to apply his/her expertise to enhance data interpretation methods to advise and make decisions at Amgen. Emphasis will be placed on using AI to create insights and drive efficiency from Amgens data systems and operationalizing these methods for broader use.
Amgen is seeking a Data Scientist for the Global Medical Data & Analytics Product Team to be based at one of our sites in Tampa, FL or Thousand Oaks, CA, who will report into the Senior Manager of Data & Analytics. We are pursuing highly motivated candidates with an extreme passion for data science, artificial intelligence (AI), and sophisticated technologies to join our team.
Amgens Global Medical IS team within the Research & Development IS function supports platforms, technologies and applications for opinion leader relationship management and scientific exchange & evidence generation globally. The Data and Analytics Product Team focuses on developing value added product increments such as data science algorithms, advanced analytical models, data integrations pipelines, visualizations, etc using state of art platform and technologies built upon our awarded Enterprise Data Lake.
Primary Responsibilities for the Data Scientist include:
- Develop high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models and proof of concepts using Python or R
- Develop data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence capabilities on a global scale
- Build and implement a wide range of innovative data and analytics solutions, from descriptive to prescriptive using advance statistical and artificial intelligence methods
- Understand the business to identify and prioritize opportunities to deliver value by developing novel, practical, scientific AI-driven solutions.
- Lead, collaborate and communicate cross-functionally with IS and business teams like Medical, Commercial, Clinical, R&D and Enterprise
- Continuously explore and evaluate new tools and techniques to improve the way data is used to generate useful insights and create business value.
- Craft prototypes and demos to better access and utilize data assets
- Be an integral part of cross functional teams on projects and/or programs with aims to systematically derive insights that drive substantial business value for Amgen and our patients
- Present analysis ideas, progress and results to leadership and business partners
- Ensure systems and models meet business requirements and industry standards
- Ensure compliance with regulatory, security, and privacy requirements as it relates to data assets
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Data Science professional we seek is a collaborative team-player with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree OR
Masters degree and 3 years of data analytics experience OR
Bachelors degree and 5 years of data analytics experience OR
Associates degree and 10 years of data analytics experience OR
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of data analytics experience
- MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Sciences, Statistics, or similar field
- Expertise in natural language processing and/or natural language inference models with deep learning approaches
- Expertise in comprehensive set of data analytics and modeling methods such as unsupervised and supervised approaches and solid understanding of their algorithms
- Proficient in SQL, Python, R and familiar with big data approaches with hands on experience in data engineering, AI/ML modeling, prototyping and BI/analytical platforms and tools
- Excellent organization/planning skills and talent for managing many large and complex datasets
- Familiarity and background with biotechnology processes and regulatory requirements
- Familiarity with DevOps and good software practices (i.e. version control, continuous development, continuous integration, test driven development)
- Ability to direct and lead work through others (e.g. cross-functional partnership and/or vendor)
- Strong technical aptitude with excellent logical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with the ability to tackle several projects at one time Intellectual curiosity with ability to learn new concepts, algorithms and technology rapidly as needs arise. Comfort and agility with changes in business priorities
- Ability to collaborate, partner and influence leadership/business partners and other IS resources to drive analytic projects end-to-end
- Passion for learning and staying on top of current developments in advanced analytics
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.