Manager Automation Engineering (Non-Standard Shift)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Manager Automation Engineering Non-Standard ShiftMultiple positions availableLiveWhat you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world! In this vital role you will be responsible for leading and direct supervision of the Automation team in our AML1 - Inspection and Packaging Drug Product Operations reporting to a non-standard shift structure, where your scheduled workweek may include extended shifts, Saturday and/or Sunday and/or 12hrs, second or third shift on a regular basis, based on business need. The area is very dynamic with a high number of production lots, investigations and projects in a fast-paced environment. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Technical development of automation group following existing automation training program to ensure team has the knowledge and system access to fix equipment problems and perform maintenance activities.
- Ensure automation personnel has the appropriate equipment to perform their tasks.
- Facilitate and mentor direct reports in the correction of automation related problems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve equipment, automation or process issues in the field, as needed.
- Communicate effectively the correction process of existing problems and support the implementation of preventive actions.
- Coordinate Automation maintenance activities, New Product Introductions (NPI) implementations, CAPAs and any Engineering project requiring Automation technical support.
- Collaborate with Business Units (BU) & Maintenance leads and establish daily support priorities.
- Collaborate with Engineering team in the development and implementation of automation improvement projects.
- Ensure full process compliance in the area and lead low level complexity automation project improvements.
- Familiarity with industry software development life cycle methodologies, 21 CFR Part 11, and GMP.
- Perform additional engineering task as per business needs.
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients! The Manager Quality Assurance professional we seek is a strong leader with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree in Engineering
Masters degree in Engineering and 3 years of Engineering and/or Automation experience
Bachelors degree in Engineering and 5 years of Engineering and/or Automation experience
Previous managerial experience directly handling people and/or experience leading teams, projects, programs or managing the allocation of resources.Beyond that, additional Preferred Qualifications are:
- Background in programming or troubleshooting, design, installation and life cycle management of manufacturing process controls, automation and Packaging Vision System technologies and platform (Systech, Cognex, Keyence, etc).
- Solid understanding of packaging, inspection and assembly processes and equipment.
- Familiarity with validation processes & protocol execution and documentation in a highly regulated environment.
- Fluent verbal communication skills in English and Spanish and digital literacy.
- Skills in the following areas: analytical problem solving and applied engineering, personal organization, dealing with and managing changes.
- Knowledge on Rockwell Automation Platform and Allen-Bradley PLCs.
- Rockwell Automation Factory Talk & ControlLogix PLC Platform.
- Rockwell SLC500 PLC controllers and DeviceNet technologies experience or knowledge.
- Rockwell Automation FTView SE and FTBatch systems.
- Experience in Siemens PLC & network troubleshooting.
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us: careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.