Senior Scientist - Oncology Research
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
At Amgen our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing and delivering ever-better products that read over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Senior Scientist Oncology ResearchLive
What you will do
In this vital role you will lead preclinical efforts for our BiTE (bispecific T cell engager) therapy portfolio. The ideal candidate will have a track record of innovative discovery biology supported by presentations, publications and patents with strong drive and experience in advancing therapeutic candidates in Oncology or Immuno-Oncology. The candidate will manage a small research group and lead or support project teams from discovery through phase 1 studies. The candidate will be expected to initiate novel programs, contribute to therapeutic area strategy and establishment of new discovery platforms, and maintain an external scientific presence.Win
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The ideal professional we seek is a scientist with these qualifications.Basic qualifications:
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Oncology or Immuno-Oncology experienceOr
Masters degree and 5 years of Oncology or Immuno-Oncology experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 7 years of Oncology or Immuno-Oncology experiencePreferred qualifications:
- Broad knowledge of cancer biology with demonstrated independence in critical thinking and scientific achievement, such as through first or senior author publications in top-tier journals and awarded grants
- Direct experience with T cell targeted therapy including technical knowledge of in vitro cell culture and in vivo models, multi-color flow cytometry, and imaging methods
- Experience leading collaboration projects with academic laboratories and/or contract laboratories
- Experience with regulatory filing and interactions
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
What you can expect of us
- Opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.