Sr. Project Manager - Commercialization & Program Management
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Sr. Project ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will supports the cross-functional drug development and commercialization activities of pipeline or inline products at Amgen. The SPM will be report into the Director of Global Program Management.
The Senior Project Manager serves as a strategic partner to leaders of the Product Teams in the execution of the strategic vision of the program. Strategy execution occurs via three cross-functional sub-teams called Work Package Teams (WPTs). The WPTs include 1) Evidence Generation Teams (EGTs) that are focused on clinical development activities 2) Product Delivery Teams (PDTs) that are focused on operations/manufacturing activities 3) Insights & Brand Platform Teams (IBPTs) that are focused on global marketing, pricing, access, and reimbursement activities.
The Senior Project Manager drives the development and execution of high quality, global, integrated cross-functional project plans for one or more products in support of the overall program strategy. In addition, the SPM may be asked to lead and/or participate in special department, cross-functional, or team projects.The Senior Project Manager is specifically responsible for:
- Identifying key deliverables for each function and their inter-dependencies
- Driving planning for key drug development stage-gate decision points (e.g., First in Human, End of Phase 2, Filing, and Launch)
- Implementing best practices and ensuring cross-functional alignment and accountability
- Identifying project issues or resource gaps and facilitating resolution
- Reinforcing proper decision making according to Amgens Decision-Making Framework
- Monitoring and communicating progress and adherence to timelines
- Facilitating resource planning, financial and capacity assessments
- Conducting risk management, contingency and scenario planning using a variety of project management tools
- Adapting and thriving in a changing environment and building high-preforming cross-functional teams
- Driving the development and timely execution of annual WPT goals and input to the Global Product Strategy
- Identifying and efficiently resolving issues, driving decisions, and tracking action items; appropriate issue escalation
- Partnering with GPM/ WPT Lead to develop governance board deliverables and subsequent implementation of decisions
- Developing strong partnerships with external business partners and strategic alliances, where applicable
- Constructively challenging teams by providing disconfirming information and encouraging innovative problem solving
- Serving as a single point of contact for cross-functional WPT information (content and quality)
- Communicating cross-functional project information at WPT meetings and to other partners, as appropriate
- Ensuring alignment of functional and regional issues within the WPT
- Demonstrating strong written/oral communication skills and executive presence across functions and across different levels of leadership
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a project manager with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Project Management experience
Masters degree and 4 years of Project Management experience
Bachelors degree and 6 years of Project Management experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Project Management experienceOr
High School diploma / GED and 12 years of Project Management experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Advanced degree or strong demonstration of equivalent combination of relevant educational and professional training experience in leading cross-functional teams
- 8+ years industry experience in the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, or other Healthcare-related field
- 4+ years experience in a drug development Project Management role
- Drug Development knowledge with basic to strong understanding of other functions relevant to the position which may include: Research, Preclinical, Clinical, Manufacturing, Commercial and Regulatory
- Proven record of implementing Project Management tools, methodologies, practices and infrastructure, as related to the Biopharmaceutical Industry
- Informed with current biopharmaceutical industry knowledge, news and trends and ability to apply to programs
- Independent, motivated, team member with experience in a matrix environment
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.