Process Development Scientist
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Process Development ScientistLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be part of our Pivotal Drug Product Technologies in the Thousand Oaks, CA headquarters. This group is responsible for late stage drug product formulation and process development for biologics modalities. The Scientist will provide technical and project leadership, integrating effective cross functional collaboration, to ensure success through the Drug Product commercialization process and lifecycle management. Platform capabilities, prior product knowledge, modeling, and data analytics/visualization will be applied to advance Amgens pipeline.The responsibilities of this candidate will include:
- Participate in Drug Product Commercialization Teams responsible for conducting process development of pipeline products and for supporting commercial products through lifecycle management
- Design, plan, execute, and document formulation and process development studies
- Apply scientific/engineering principles and techniques to develop, characterize and implement processes and next generation technologies and to tackle technical challenges
- Apply advanced statistical/data analytics techniques to draw conclusions and inform decisions
- Provide support, as needed, to clinical and commercial fill/finish manufacturing operations through process capability analysis, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and product impact assessments for process changes/improvements and non-conformance investigations
- Author/review guideline documents, technical protocols, reports, product impact assessments, and regulatory sections in support of IND and marketing application submissions
- Stay current on the latest developments in the industry and scientific community to continue innovating and to meet future business needs
- Optimally and consistently connect with management, cross-functional partners and relevant stakeholders on progress towards breakthroughs and forthcoming program needs.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The biotech/pharma scientific professional we seek is a collaborative team-player with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Masters degree and 3 years of scientific experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of scientific experience
Associates degree and 10 years of scientific experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of scientific experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science, Pharmaceutics or related subject area
- Experience in pharmaceutical development and manufacturing
- Experience in biologics process development, formulation development, fill-finish process engineering, technical transfers to global manufacturing sites, statistical process control (SPC), and statistical design and analysis of experiments
- Experience with development and characterization of co-formulations
- Experience with sophisticated drug delivery, e.g. sustained release technologies, targeted delivery systems, microfluidics
- Experience with programming (e.g. Python, R, MATLAB) and database languages (e.g. SQL), as well as data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire, D3js)
- Proficiency in at least one statistical software package (e.g. SAS, JMP or Minitab)
- Critical thinking, problem solving and independent research skills
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage ones project resources (material, manpower, time, etc.)
- Good organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to operate well in a fast-paced, matrixed environment and collaborate optimally cross-functionally
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.