Senior Associate Scientist - Protein Degradation - Cell Biologist
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Senior Associate Scientist Induced Proximity PlatformLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be a part of Amgens Induced Proximity Platform (IPP) group within Targeted Protein Degradation. The IPP is charged with developing Amgens newest drug modality aimed at Targeted Protein Degradation, including discovery of PROTACs and molecular GLUEs.
The Senior Associate Scientists primary responsibilities will be developing platforms and modalities to impact challenging targets across multiple therapeutic areas, including oncology and immuno-oncology. The IPP takes innovative, cross-discipline approaches, including targeted protein degradation, to tackle the toughest targets.
- Lead a project to support discovery and development of novel therapeutic modalities based on Targeted Protein Degradation, including prospective discovery of small molecule molecular GLUEs.
- Set project goals and timelines, design, perform and analyze experiments, interact with team members across different departments and research sites, and communicate and present data to department leadership.
- Inform departmental goals and strategy and will represent the department in various cross-functional activities including academic collaborations, external research evaluations, project teams, and scientific committees.
- Expected to contribute to the scientific community through conference presentations and impactful publications.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Scientific professional we seek is an ambitious researcher with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Doctorate degree OR
Masters degree and 4 years of relevant scientific experience OR
Bachelors degree and 6 years of relevant scientific experience
- Broad knowledge and understanding of cancer and cell biology research experience with demonstrated independence and success through recent first author publications in top journals
- Demonstrated expertise in a wide range of mammalian cell and molecular biology techniques is required
- Knowledge and expertise with protein ubiquitination and degradation is highly desirable
- High degree of flexibility is preferred to work in a team setting to complete project goals in timely manner
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills are highly valuable
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.