SIEM Specialist US-Remote
The SIEM Security Engineer plays a meaningful role in Information Security for Amgen and will lead or support assigned capabilities within Information Security with the focus on Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA). The SIEM Engineer may also be assigned responsibilities for other Information Security capabilities and needs to be flexible to balance different technologies as they continually evolve or change
The SIEM Engineer will work with various partners at Amgen in a manner aligned to Amgens values to define and implement Information Security Services strategies, standards, tools and processes. This Security Engineer will also work with other Amgen teams like Security Operations on architecting, crafting, and implementing technologies, processes, and other improvements.
- Management and implementation of technologies and processes relating to the assigned Information Security capability including issue identification and resolution, integration with other tools, documentation, gap assessment, gap resolution and continuous improvement of the capability
- Keep up-to-date, make recommendations, and lead or participate in the implementation and continuous improvement of technologies and services in assigned information security domains
- Work with and provide mentorship to Security Operations and other Information Security team members on security strategies, processes, response and technologies
- Develops, implements, and sustains operational scripts, data structures, libraries and programming code that optimize security in emergent compute patterns with diverse applications throughout the global environment.
- Analyzes, designs, develops and operates programs, shell scripts, tests, and infrastructure automation capabilities in an advanced security context.
- Collaborates multi-functionally with analysts, engineers, data scientists to deliver continuous improvement in cyber defense/resilience.
- Support Incident Response on security incidents.
- Define, provide, and improve measurement and analysis on the assigned services
- Perform security design consulting in support of projects including participation to security architecture reviews as necessary
- Participate in projects or initiatives where an Information Security Engineer is needed with a focus on ensuring inclusion of information security requirements.
- Participate in proactive research and provide recommendations for continuous improvement on information security technologies, processes and services
- SIEM Engineers will also present project status reports to senior management, enforce policies and practices relative to technical guidelines and may supply new innovative ideas to improve these documents.
Masters degree & 3 years of directly related experience
Bachelors degree & 5 years of directly related experience
Associates degree & 10 years of directly related experience
High school diploma / GED & 12 years of directly related experience
- Strong validated knowledge and experience on continuous security monitoring with technologies and solutions like Syslog, QRadar Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA), etc.
- Proven knowledge and experience in one or more Information Security capability like security monitoring, threat intelligence, network protection, data protection, endpoint protection, technical security assessments, security architecture
- Experience in using and running Linux-based operating systems and developing Perl or Python scripts
- Experience in complex enterprise environments and current technology areas like cloud and mobility
- Practical Knowledge of Information Security standards and policies like ISO 27001/27002, NIST, and others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Shown success in leading multi-functional initiatives without formal authority through the use of strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Experience working in global teams
- Successful management of multiple priorities
- Standout colleague, placing priority on the successful completion of team goals
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative
- DevOps experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment, build and test automation technologies like ansible, chef, puppet, docker, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience programming in compiled (C, C++) and interpreted languages (Python, Ruby etc.).
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Experience with regulated systems (GxP, SOX) in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare industry
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with complex technologies that impact security
- Experience with user documentation as it relates to the delivery of services in a regulated environment
- 5+ years as a senior security engineer supporting a multinational organization
- CISSP or equivalent security-related industry certifications
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.