Principal Software Development Engineer (SDE) - Cloud Architect
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.Principal Software Development Engineer - Cloud ArchitectLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will focus on innovating, developing, and extending our existing cloud environments using automation and programmatic pipelines. As the lead cloud architect, your role is to ensure our public cloud environments programmatically incorporate the latest capabilities and security controls of our providers. Our frameworks are built using open-source and AWS services. They manage custom code development, DataOps, as well as test and deploy Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) applications. We are currently extending our capabilities to integrate serverless and microservices CI/CD pipelines with AWS.
Would you like to take your cloud architecture and full stack development skills and help deliver the world's most sophisticated and life-changing biotech medicines by building creative and ground-breaking software frameworks? Amgen is using cloud technology, DevSecOps frameworks, and continuous deployment pipelines to build new drug therapies for patients that address grievous illnesses. We are seeking a Principal Software Development EngineerCloud Architect to fill a position in Amgen's Global Information Services Organization. Our small product team is a high-energy, tight-knit group who builds our DevSecOps framework and cloud operations platform that is used globally by Amgen development teams.Job Responsibilities Will Include:
- Be the lead architect for our end-to-end cloud architecture and security design. Responsible for the design and part of the code needed to provision, manage, and operate our cloud services using programmatic pipelines.
- Develop, refactor, research and improve our cloud platform capabilities for all our client teams. Understand their business drivers and technical needs so our cloud services seamlessly, automatically, and securely provides them the best service.
- Provide technical leadership across Amgen to enhance the culture of innovation, automation, and solving difficult scientific and business challenges. Technical leadership includes providing deep cloud knowledge to our DevSecOps, DataOps, data science, and all other application teams using cloud services.
- Be constantly curious and feed your love and interests in groundbreaking technology. Use your given time to look for new and innovative ways to do business differently, better, and more efficiently.
- Lead selected efforts to craft, build, and develop rapid Proof-of-Concept (POC) solutions and services. Quickly and iteratively prove or disprove the concepts being considered.
- Be an integral member of the core cloud DevSecOps development team and help develop, test, deploy, and operate the service 24x7x365 globally.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Software Professional we seek is a collaborative and innovative team-player with these qualifications.Preferred Qualifications
- BS or MS in computer science or related field
- 3 - 5 years of demonstrated ability developing secure, public cloud solutions for successful commercial products and/or services to customers using a SDLC process from start to finish
- 3 or more years experience designing, developing, deploying, and operating cloud services for multi-national companies using native constructs and controls from AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Extensive and practical knowledge of native cloud security controls and design patterns for AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Solid understanding of infrastructure as code, developing and operating programmatic pipelines for cloud services, and using automated DevSecOps frameworks to run a cloud SDLC
- Willing and able to learn new technologies at a rapid pace
- Communication skills to work with client partners in articulating the vision and use of Amgen's cloud services
- Experience enabling automation and cloud self-healing based on telemetry and events
Doctorate degree and 2 years of related experience OR
Masters degree and 6 years of related experience OR
Bachelors degree and 8 years of related experience OR
Associates degree and 10 years of related experience OR
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of related experienceThrive
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.