Site Reliability Engineer III (SRE)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER III (Infrastructure Architecture)Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital Site Reliability Engineer III role you will be working on our core DevSecOps framework and cloud provisioning platform to ensure they deploy, operate, and are sustained to meet all SLAs and OLAs. Amgen is currently building a team of SRE's who are joining our existing DevSecOps software engineering team, in our Global Infrastructure Services organization.
Site Reliability Engineering is a discipline that combines software and systems engineering into its DNA. SRE is a passion for automating the complexities of orchestrating and running cloud application services. SRE's dislike doing things twice, so they automate each step along the way! They have an attitude of automating, deploying, fixing, and operating production systems using CI pipelines and self-healing code. Collaboration with business owners and understanding diverse business requirements is a core skill.Job Responsibilities
- Build highly scalable, high-performant infrastructure on Amazon Web Service (AWS)
- Work with applications to use automated CI/CD pipelines and build secure cloud environments, identities, and services. Deploy applications into these cloud environments through automated processes and programmatic services.
- Maintain application reliability and uptime SLAs throughout the application lifecycle using programmatic self-healing and software automation
- Develop software to monitor and improve end-to-end platform performance, identify runtime deficiencies, find potential failures, and fix production issues
- Build deep, full-stack knowledge of the complexity of our platforms and applications. Work to simplify and automate deployment processes, run-time operations, and provide non-disruptive releases.
- Improve the durability, simplicity, performance, and maintainability of our integrated landscape
- Apply your expertise to our most complex digital projects. Meet with department and business unit clients to understand their application needs.
- Be responsible for driving feedback and new design ideas back into the DevSecOps platform team. Help identify and remediate architectural problems, scalability, availability and performance issues.
- Be an integral member of the core DevSecOps/DataOps development team and help develop, test, deploy, and operated the service 24x7x365 globally. Must be open to participating in an on-call rotation, as needed
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The IT professional we seek is a collaborative and innovative team-player with these qualifications.Preferred Qualifications
- BS or MS in computer science or related field
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud technology platforms
- Hands-on experience with configuration frameworks for deployment such as AWS CloudFormation Templates, Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or Salt
- Solid knowledge of various Linux environments. Distro's include Ubuntu, Centos, Debian, RedHat, and Amazon Linux, as well as familiarity with Windows OSs.
- Understand security and encryption technologies. Knowledge of authentication protocols including OpenID, OIDC, OAuth, SAML, and LDAP.
- Knowledge of Docker containerization and Kubernetes/EKS cluster management for container orchestration
- Experience with automated monitoring frameworks such as InfluxDB, Grafana, Telegraf, Fluentd, Prometheus, etc.
- Application and system level debug and triage experience.
- Experience managing distributed runtime applications using programmatic interfaces
- Experience running full stack application deployments and infrastructure cloud services (Storage, VMs, Network, etc.)
- Practical experience migrating large-scale infrastructure onto public cloud technology platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP is a plus.
- Familiarity deploying, monitoring, and running serverless computing and microservices a plus
Doctorate degree OR
Masters degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
Bachelors degree and 5 years of related experience OR
Associate degree and 10 years of directly related experience OR
High School / GED and 12 years of directly related experienceThrive
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.