Specialist IS Architect - CloudSecurity
Amgen is searching for a Cloud Security Architect who will be reporting into the Global Information Protection Organization in Amgen and will be based in Tampa, FL, at Amgens new Capability Center. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients.
The Specialist Cloud Security Architect will be working with the Cloud Security Program helping advance AWS Cloud governance and audit posture, providing remediation strategies and executing project activities to complete tactical objectives. The Architect will play a key role in designing, deploying and maintaining solutions, automate security assessments, audits, policy and standard enforcements, and more.Job Responsibilities
- Management and implementation of technologies and processes relating to assigned Global Information Protection capability including issue identification and resolution, integration with other tools, documentation, gap assessment, gap resolution and continuous improvement of the capability
- Keep up-to-date, make recommendations, and participate in the implementation and continuous improvement of technologies and services in assigned information security domains
- Work with and provide guidance to Security Operations and other Global Information Protection team activities on security strategies, processes, response and technologies
- Support Incident Response on security incidents including contributing to mock security incident exercises
- Define, provide, and improve measurement and analysis on the assigned services including the use of appropriate applications and tools for reporting
- Participate in projects or initiatives where an IS Security Engineer is needed with a focus on ensuring inclusion of information security requirements
- Participate in proactive research and provide recommendations for continuous improvement on information security technologies, processes and services
- Develop, implement, and sustain operational scripts, data structures, libraries and programming code that optimize security in emergent compute patterns with diverse applications throughout the global environment.
- Analyze, design, develop and operate programs, shell scripts, tests, and infrastructure automation capabilities in an advanced security context.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with analysts, engineers, data scientists to achieve continuous improvement in cyber defense/resilience.
Masters degree and 4 year of Information Systems and/or Computer Science experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 6 years of Information Systems and/or Computer Science experienceOr
Associates degree and 8 years of Information Systems and/or Computer Science experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 10 years of Information Systems and/or Computer Science experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Comprehensive experience with Amazon AWS, understanding of Identity and Access Management, Data Protection, Secure DevOps, Security Operations, and other security domains for Cloud.
- Working/Emerging knowledge of Enterprise Cloud Solutions across IaaS, PaaS & SaaS. This may include: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Cloud Foundry, Salesforce, Microsoft Office 365, Box, etc.
- Emerging Knowledge of Identity Governance, Cloud SOC/SIEM, Key Management & Encryption, Public, Private and Hybrid cloud solutions.
- Good working knowledge of KMS, Encryption Technologies, Cryptographic Keys and usage.
- Good hand-on experience with AWS foundation services related to compute, network, storage, content delivery, administration and security, deployment and management, automation technologies.
- Technical experience should have Strong micro services programming (AWS Lambda, Docker, etc.)
- Experience using AWS Cloud Services (EC2, DynamoDB, API Gateway, RDS, Lambda, CloudFront, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Route 53, etc.)
- Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications and RESTFUL Services in an AWS Cloud environment Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability.
- Experience in one of the following: Java/Node.js/Python/JSON policy language
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Standout colleague, placing priority on the successful completion of team goals
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative
- CISSP or equivalent security-related industry certifications
- AWS Certified Professional or higher
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment, and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
This position is open to remote workers within United States.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.