Scientist - Protein Biochemistry
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
SCIENTIST - PRE-PIVOTAL DRUG PRODUCT (PROCESS DEVELOPMENT)Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital Scientist role you will be contributing to advancing scientific knowledge as well as contributing to the advancement of clinical candidates. Working in a science-based organization, the successful scientist will drive continuous improvement in our knowledge of protein behavior through technological innovation and application of findings and actively contribute to the evolution of our understanding of the drivers of aggregation and surface interactions. The findings will build opportunities to influence the development of new and existing therapeutic biological modalities. Cross-functional collaborations are encouraged. Experience in designing and implementing new technologies is required. This is a phenomenal opportunity for a highly motivated and creative candidate to develop, advance and apply protein biochemistry/polymer technologies to drug delivery challenges.Responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the planning, design, execution, and documentation of laboratory studies related to formulation and fill/finish process development in support of product commercialization.
- Conduct stability studies, including preparation of liquid frozen and lyophilized formulations. This will involve knowledge of ultrafiltration-diafiltration and other buffer exchange processes. An understanding of lab scale sterile filling into vials and syringes will be needed.
- Identify current gaps in Amgens tools and technology to advance our knowledge of protein: protein and protein surface interactions.
- Responsible for development and exploration of new technologies for different modalities such as fusion proteins, Mab fragments, RNA based drugs
- Execute development of protein drug formulations, analytical characterization of proteins, development of chromatographic and electrophoretic assays.
Additional will responsibilities include detailing and retrieving scientific results in HLEE notebooks and computer files for regulatory filings, participating in group and project meetings, and presenting at departmental seminars. Deliver progress reports, presentations, expectations include both internal and external presentation of scientific data with an eventual external publication/patent track record. Participation in global cross-functional teams working optimally in a highly matrixed team environment to improve our understanding of protein behavior.Win
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The Biomed/Pharma Scientific professional we seek is a collaborative team-player with these qualifications:Preferred Qualifications
- Advanced degree in Pharmaceutics, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Physical Biochemistry or related discipline with a minimum of 2-4 years of Post-Doctoral experience in the Protein Biochemistry
- Advanced knowledge and hands on experience in Analytical and Biophysical techniques, such as HPLC/UPLC, Capillary Electrophoresis, Particle analysis, Moisture analysis, Biophysical techniques such as CD and Fluorescence, Analytical centrifugation, light scattering (DLS, SLS). Mass spectrometry is desired.
- Strong independent problem solving and communication skills
- Experience in protein characterization, stability and experience in development of parenteral control release delivery systems is a plus
- Publication background commensurate with Protein Biochemistry.
- Sophisticated understanding of predictive methods, protein stability and solubility
- Background in modeling and prediction of protein: protein interactions, protein: small molecule interactions and protein behavior
- Ability to learn and act on dynamic information at a rapid pace.
Doctorate degree & 2 years of scientific experience
Masters degree & 6 years of scientific experience
Bachelors degree & 8 years of scientific experienceThrive
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.