Principal Scientist/Group Lead - Clinical Biomarkers Oncology
The use of Biomarkers and Diagnostics is central to understanding how our therapeutics work and identifying patients that benefit most from these therapies. Accordingly, the Clinical Biomarkers & Diagnostics function in Translational Medicine at Amgen has a critical role in advancing our drug development programs and is responsible for the delivery of biomarker development across our pipeline.
The Oncology Clinical Biomarker team is seeking a highly motivated Principal Scientist dedicated to biomarker development in Oncology. Integral to the ongoing success of Amgens Oncology pipeline, the clinical biomarker team is responsible for developing and executing comprehensive biomarker strategies for each program by applying cutting edge, innovative technologies to advance science in support of Amgens mission. The successful candidate is expected to work cross-functionally within Amgen and to interact closely with groups across both clinical development and discovery research. The position will lead the development and implementation of translational biomarker strategies to inform pharmacodynamics, mechanism of action, and patient stratification/selection in support of the progression of Amgens pipeline candidates from late preclinical development through all stages of clinical development. In addition, the successful candidate will manage a small team of biomarker leads and provide strategic oversight of biomarker efforts for a portfolio of Oncology therapeutics.
The role is expected to work in a highly matrixed environment and drive scientific and technical innovation collaboratively with other members of the Clinical Biomarkers & Diagnostics and Translational Medicine functions, as well as with the Amgen research and development community.
Amgen employees adhere to all corporate and local guidelines and regulations related to compliance and health and safety.
Doctorate degree and 3 years scientific experience
Masters degree and 6 years of scientific experience
Bachelor's degree and 8 years scientific experience
- PhD with 5+ years industry experience developing biomarker strategies in a clinical development setting and/or in preclinical biomarker discovery/validation
- Knowledge and translational biomarker development experience in immuno-oncology is highly desirable
- Strong background in tumor biology and cancer genomics
- Clinical development experience working with cross-functional teams conducting clinical trials
- Experience in developing program-based strategies for pharmacodynamic, predictive, and exploratory biomarkers
- Experience implementing a broad array of biomarker platforms and technologies to support clinical-stage programs
- Demonstrated ability to establish and execute biomarker studies and collaborations with academic laboratories/KOLs
- Experience in assay development and qualification and analysis of clinical samples
- Experience managing biomarker assay outsourcing processes with external vendors and CROs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience drafting technical reports and interpreting and communicating biomarker results to cross-functional teams
- Poise and professionalism with strong communication and influencing skills in a dynamic environment
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.