Tax Reporting, Manager
Amgens tax reporting group is part of a world class tax department that provides global tax planning, transfer pricing, tax reporting, and tax audit defense for the Company. The tax reporting group works closely with Finance, Accounting, and Treasury employees in Amgens Thousand Oaks headquarters and Tampa to prepare Amgens financial statement tax provision and its U.S. federal and state income tax returns.
The Manager will be a member of the tax reporting team that is responsible for the consolidation and analysis of the global tax provision. The Manager will also assist with the review of Amgens U.S. federal tax returns. Third party service providers prepare the majority of Amgens U.S. federal tax return, and the Manager will help facilitate the data collection process and resolve issues.
Preferably, the Manager is familiar with the international taxation and transfer pricing rules. Amgen has a large international footprint and does business in over 75 countries. As a global biopharmaceutical company with over $20 billion in revenue, the Companys tax matters include high value intangibles, mergers and acquisitions, licensing transactions, complex manufacturing, financing transactions, and research and development activities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the preparation and consolidation of Amgens quarterly and annual income tax provisions including the preparation of all relevant SEC financial statement disclosures
- Assist with US compliance review Implement process improvements to enhance the groups efficiency and effectiveness
- Act as a liaison with the different groups within the tax department (tax reporting, transfer pricing, planning and audit resolutions) to ensure that there is timely and thoughtful communication
- Work with Amgen tax, finance, accounting and treasury staff to understand transactions and data that flow into or otherwise impact Amgens tax provision and tax returns
Masters degree and 2 years of accounting or finance experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of accounting or finance experience
Associate degree and 10 years of accounting or finance experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of accounting or finance experience
- 5+ years of Big 4 accounting firm or large multinational corporation experience
- CPA license
- Strong understanding of ASC 740, Income Taxes, and experience with uncertain tax positions
- Strong understanding of US tax laws and regulations including international provisions
- Extensive experience in federal income tax compliance including experience reviewing consolidated returns
- Experience with OneSource Income Tax Compliance and Tax Provision software
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and familiarity with SAP
- Experience in Pharmaceutical / Biotech industry
- Ability to work in cross-functional team environment across multiple senior levels of management
- Strong written and verbal communication, as well as presentation skills
- Detail-oriented and strong business analytical skills
- Outgoing personality and confident ability in dealing with all levels of management within the organization
- Ability to work independently
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.