Sr. Scientist - Structural Biology
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Sr Scientist- Structural Biology
Amgen is a leading global biotechnology company, with a mission to serve patients around the world. As a science-based, patient-focused organization, we discover and develop innovative therapies to treat serious illnesses. Our medicines have made a spectacular difference in the lives of millions.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will provide comprehensive molecular insight and structure-based design for drug-target assessment, mechanism of action, protein-protein and protein-ligand interactions, as well as protein engineering to facilitate drug discovery across various important therapeutic areas. The Scientist will be part of a growing structure biology group and will be responsible for designing and purifying target proteins for Cryo-Electron Microscopy and X-ray crystallography, data collection and resolution of complex molecular structures.Win
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Ideal professional we seek is a go-getter with these qualifications.
Preferred qualifications and major accountabilities associated with this role include:
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art protein structural biology techniques including all aspects of construct design, expression, purification, characterization, crystallization, structure determination and analysis.
- Experience in single particle cryo-EM processes (including sample/grid preparation and screening, data collection and processing, three-dimensional reconstruction and model building)
- Familiarity with Linux OS (install, configure and maintain) is a strong plus.
- Excellent presentation skills (written and oral) that enhance team-based delivery of results
- Ability to work independently and effectively within timelines and to collaborate in a multidisciplinary environment
- Skills in leading multiple projects and capability to prioritize
- The ideal candidates should have Ph.D in structural biology with significant postdoc research experience in membrane proteins and/or large macromolecular complexes
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.