Manager/Senior Scientist - Clinical Flow Cytometry
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.Live
What you will do
Amgen is a leading global biotechnology company, with a mission to serve patients around the world. As a science-based, patient-focused organization, we discover and develop innovative therapies to treat serious illnesses. Our medicines have made a spectacular difference in the lives of millions. To underpin our commitment to serve patients, Amgen is developing our Translational Science focus with modern molecular and cellular science and pathology laboratories, designed to discover and develop valuable biomarkers in support of our clinical programs.
The Department of Clinical Biomarkers & Diagnostics at Amgen in South San Francisco (ASF) is seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to support our efforts to implement flow cytometry based clinical biomarker assays.
The candidate will be an integral member of a dynamic group of science scientific and platform specialists. The candidate will collaborate across Amgens scientific community, working with multiple therapeutic areas across all stages of the commercialization pipeline. The Senior Scientist will bring an in-depth technical knowledge of flow cytometry, in order to drive the development, validation, and implementation of flow cytometry-based assays to support various clinical programs. Specific responsibilities associated with the job include independent critical thinking, choosing the appropriate platform, planning and reviewing assay development and validation activities, analyzing and interpreting data, presenting results to the partners and working effectively with internal and external partners. While this role may require some bench work and technical troubleshooting, this is not primarily a bench-based position.Win
What we expect of youBasic Qualifications
Doctorate degree and 2 years of relevant scientific experience
Masters degree and 5 years of relevant scientific experience
Bachelors degree and 7 years of relevant scientific experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Masters degree with 5+ years of experience in flow cytometry biomarker assay development and qualification
- Previous experience working in a matrixed environment to execute flow cytometry assay development and validation to support clinical trials
- Project management skills to meet critical timelines associated with various activities necessary to support biomarker assessment of clinical samples using flow cytometry.
- A strong background in multiparametric flow cytometry assays including immunophenotyping and immune based functional assays
- Knowledge of instrumentation including traditional flow cytometry, spectral flow cytometry and mass cytometry
- Familiarity in complex flow cytometry data analysis using DIVA, FlowJo, FCS Express, SPADE, viSNE and CITRUS
- Demonstrated track record of critical independent thinking and troubleshooting ability
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple studies, strong verbal and written communication skills with a high degree of motivation, creativity and collaborative qualities
- Must be able to work and coordinate with internal stakeholders as well as external partners such as CROs and vendors to support outsourced activities
- Familiarity with processes and factors needed to evaluate, qualify and manage CROs
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.