Regeneron is looking for a Scientist, Bioconjugation. This is a role in the evolving bioconjugation group at Regeneron, and the Scientist will have the opportunity to contribute to the advancement of new platform technologies as well as develop solid conventional conjugation methods. Specifically, you will contribute to innovation and optimization related to Regeneron's platform technologies for conjugation. In this role, you will have the opportunity to take part in independent research aimed at creating robust conjugation methods that can be scaled-up internally or at a CMO.
A Typical Day in the Role of Bioconjugation Scientist Might Look Like:
• Execute the preparation and formulation of bioconjugates by applying established methodologies as well as developing new techniques.
• Prioritize and perform work independently, be self-motivated and capable of working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
• Participation in CRO activities, including design and project coordination.
• Conjugation of small molecules to enzymes, proteins and peptides.
• Performs purification of enzyme and protein conjugates using contemporary chromatographic methods, and UF/DF methods and analytical testing in support of manufacture and design development of diagnostic conjugate reagents.
• In-process testing of enzyme conjugates using absorbance readers and / or chemistry analyzers.
• Design and development of new processes for smooth transfer from R&D to technical manufacturing operations.
• Assists in transfer and qualification of analytical methods, including assay execution and report writing.
• Familiar with documenting activities in a cGMP manner when required.
This Role Might Be For You If You Have:
• Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry or equivalent with 3-5+ years of experience.
• Experience includes modern organic synthesis, especially as applied to orthogonal bioconjugation chemistry, chromatography and analytical techniques including HPLC, MS, LC/MS and NMR.
• Hands on experience with conjugation, purification and characterization of conjugates, and experience using analytical techniques/instruments, including chromatographic techniques such as HIC (Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography) and RP (Reverse Phase), SEC, SDS-PAGE, UV-Vis, mass spectroscopy, and NMR.
• Experience in the synthesis and evaluation of antibody or peptide conjugates, and linkers.
• Expertise in purification and analytical techniques for bioconjugates.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills with scientists in multiple disciplines.
Experience with the following additional skills and experience is a plus:
Large scale conjugation and characterization to support pilot toxicology studies
Organic synthesis of small molecule derivatives for conjugation
Protein engineering and expression in bacterial and eukaryotic systems
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.