Research Associate (Production)
Manager: Senior Production Manager
Location: Richmond, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our team. Let’s build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking a research associate to join our Technology /Gene Assembly group. The successful candidate will apply state of the art molecular biology techniques to assemble engineered DNA-binding protein nucleases and transcription factors. They will work with the group to develop and optimize methods and assist with other scientific research projects aiming to further improve and expand our technology platform. They must have the ability to work in a team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment. They must be highly motivated and able to multi-task. Specific techniques using high throughput methods include PCR, molecular cloning, plasmid purification, RNA purification, DNA sequence analysis, and cell-based assays.
- DNA sequence analysis
- PCR and PCR purification
- Molecular cloning: Ligation and transformation into chemically competent E.Coli
- Plasmid purification (miniprep, midiprep, or maxiprep)
- mRNA purification
- Gel electrophoresis, Gel extraction
- Restriction digests
- High throughput 96 well methods: 8 and 12 multi-channel pipetting
- Other activities as may be assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- BS degree with 2-5 years relevant laboratory experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of molecular biology techniques including PCR, cloning, and plasmid purification
- DNA sequence analysis using software such as Geneious
- Organizational and communication skills, time management, and dependability are essential
- Proficient in software programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
ADDITIONAL ATTRACTIVE QUALITIES:
- Experience with biochemical assays such as ELISA
- Experience with liquid handling robots, such as Biomek FX
- Knowledge of next generation sequencing
- Knowledge of computer programming, such as Python
- Basic bioinformatics skills
- Basic cell culture techniques
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Note to External Recruiters: Please understand that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves. Any agency or independent recruiter must have a signed copy of our agency agreement before presenting candidates. Submission of unsolicited resumes without our signed agreement will not create any implied obligation on our part.
If you wish to be considered for the presentation of candidates, please contact us through Recruiting@sangamo.com. Attach your contact information, your area of specialty, and any marketing information you wish to provide. Someone from the Talent Acquisition Department will contact you directly if there is a business need for your services.