Supervisor, Pharmacy Operations
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Responsible for providing leadership, support, and supervision to the Pharmacy Technician and the Fulfillment teams to ensure all day to day activities proceed smoothly and seamlessly.The supervisor is
responsible for assuring all performance metrics, workload deliverables and customer service activities are completed in alignment with a high touch business model. The supervisor should build and maintain
collaborative relationships with other team members to ensure seamless customer experience for patients and physicians. Responsible for supporting all pharmacy operations functions.
- Daily oversight and management of the Pharmacy Technician and the Fulfillment teams. Monitor work flow and adjust workload and staffing requirements to ensure that all activities are addressed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Coach individuals on monitored calls and cases reviewed to ensure accuracy of information, adherence to policies, and excellent customer service. Provide additional coaching and training to individuals as needed. Meet regularly with direct reports to provide direct feedback on their performance and progress against goals. Use effective coaching and management techniques to maintain a highly motivated and interactive work staff.
- Perform administrative tasks such as work hour scheduling, attendance monitoring and counseling, performance reviews.
- Work proactively with direct staff and internal functional areas to develop resolutions to challenging operational and functional issues to ensure the highest level of customer service for our patients.
- Identify and assign training needs on an individual basis to ensure individuals are appropriately trained. Provides continuing education to ensure performance at the highest level.
- Monitor adherence to all corporate, division and departmental procedures and policies as well as pharmacy law and HIPAA guidelines to achieve compliance.
- Review and provide status updates to Management on key performance metrics.
- Apply effective coaching and management techniques to maintain a highly motivated and interactive work staff. Collaboratively work with all functional areas to assure the highest level of customer service and seamless referral processing.
- Perform additional tasks, activities, and projects as deemed necessary by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in health sciences or business preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Meet Pharmacy Technician licensure and certification requirements by start date in accordance with the Illinois Pharmacy Practice Act.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience within a healthcare provider, PBM, Specialty Pharmacy or Retail/Mail Order Pharmacy setting, familiarity with medical record handling/documentation, strong core insurance (Medical and Pharmacy Benefit) knowledge, high quality customer service, knowledge of online verification systems, or similar experience preferred.
- 1-2 years supervisor experience desired
- Must be knowledgeable of applicable regulation and standards including HIPAA, Fraud, Waste and Abuse and Pharmacy Law affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. CFR 210/211, cGMP).
- Must have strong solid organizational and time management skills. Strong problem solving skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet associated timelines are required.
- Possess effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Proven effectiveness in building and maintaining solid interactive professional and business relationships which positively impacts culture and demonstrates the AbbVie Leadership attributes.
- Ability to work hours required to meet business needs.
Cross-functional Pharmacy Solutions teams; Commercial Brand Teams; Patients; Health Care Providers; Field Access Specialists; Nurse Ambassadors;
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.