Director, Patient Services
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
For our Functional Business Commerical Operations North America we are looking for a
Director, Patient Service (f/m/d)
The Director, Patient Services leads the Patient Services Team and is responsible for operational development, maintenance and execution of CSL Behring patient services programs across our US product portfolio. This includes overall management of all 3rd Party Patient Services vendors. The individual will drive alignment across all brand patient services programs to ensure compliance with all applicable privacy standards and driving cost and operational efficiencies across all Programs. This position will interface with a multidisciplinary team with members from Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, Compliance, Reimbursement, Healthcare Systems and Operations. Total 4 Direct Reports. Some domestic travel required.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop, communicate and implement over-arching Patient Services strategy and annual operational plan to support all Brand Programs across the US Commercial Operations product portfolio including Immunology, Bleeding Disorders, and Specialty Product lines of business. Maintains standards and integration of service components to optimally support commercial objectives while ensuring compliance with all government regulations, legal standards and requirements.
- Responsible for leading implementation and oversight of CSL patient service vendors across the US portfolio, ensuring excellence in execution and impactful program delivery.
- Responsible for and monitoring trends in policies and procedures pertaining to patient programs and services in areas of commercial interest. Collaborates with Reimbursement and Public Policy to stay abreast of recent and anticipated changes to governmental regulations tied to patient services and identifies where changes are needed. Ensures best practices resulting from analysis and research are incorporated into applicable programs.
- Develops implements and maintains Standard Operating Procedures to align programs with state and federal regulations to service the patients based on changes related to the industry, system and the processing of the order in addition to the needs of the business. Communicate all SOP requirements and updates to all internal and external stakeholders, ensuring 3rd Party compliance with all applicable SOPs. Additionally, ensure that all 3rd Party personnel complete all training required by SOPs including appropriate documentation to enable continued compliance.
- Responsible for the management of the Patient Services budget to support operational efficiencies at the HUB. In collaboration with Cross-Functional team, responsible for 1 year operational plan and budget for all Brand Programs to include identifying adequate resourcing to support strategic and tactical requirements.
- Responsible for the effective management of the Patient Services team. Accountable for coaching team members to increase productivity and effectiveness as well as overall performance. Responsible for development of the team to provide continued growth opportunities.
- Member of the US Operations leadership team.
Position Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required (business /management, healthcare discipline or life sciences preferred). MBA an asset.
- Professional with 10+ years’ experience required including commercial roles within the pharmaceutical industry. Minimum 5 years’ experience with patient service programs required. Previous experience with managing people strongly preferred.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to effectively resolve problems.
- Proven history of managing multidisciplinary teams, with demonstrated ability to influence and drive change with peers and Executive Management.
- Ability to lead through ambiguity and be a change agent where multiple stakeholders have conflicting views.
- Can perform job duties with minimal guidance from supervisor.