Sr. Associate Endpoint Security Engineer
Amgen is seeking an Endpoint Security Senior Associate Engineer based in Tampa, FL at Amgen's new Capability Center! This role will collaborate with the Manager, Endpoint Security.
At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our Tampa Capability Center provides crucial services that enable us to better pursue this mission.
This engineer will play a key role in designing, deploying and maintaining solutions to build our evolving endpoint protection capabilities. Endpoint Security Engineers operate, lead, and improve multiple endpoint security technologies. This associate will protect Amgen from threats inside of the company's environment within both the global corporate network and manufacturing environments.
They ensure that security operations centers teams are enabled to rapidly respond with innovative controls to advancing threat actors.
You will be responsible for delivering outstanding security systems and tools in the endpoint security space. You will work with other engineers and business units to help spec, configure, and maintain critical preventive and detective security infrastructure related to Amgens endpoints.
Run policies and software deployment in anti-virus, anti-malware, and endpoint detection and response solutions
Operate endpoint discovery software deployment, while improving process maturity
Develop and update enterprise documentation for endpoint security processes, policies and standards
Provide end to end support to enterprise counterparts, identifying root cause of sophisticated enterprise initiatives with endpoint security solutions
Perform moderate trouble shooting across complex enterprise applications, server and endpoint environments
Ability onboard, learn and implement new security technologies
Maintain secure configuration process for software and version compliance across global enterprises
Demonstrate sophisticated knowledge of malware operation and indicators or threat across Amgen
In depth experience with Windows OS (workstation and server)
Demonstrable experience with Carbon Black, Microsoft Defender ATP, Crowdstrike or similar endpoint detection and response tools
Some experience with scripting (PowerShell, Python, etc) and evaluating scripted code
Ability to build, interpret and modify indications of compromise (IOCs) across diverse components of both information and operation technology systems.
Understands threat vectors and attack chains for malware and ATP-driven incursions horizontally and vertically through a targeted environment. Familiarity with MITRE ATT&CK or similar frameworks.
Experience writing documentation for Infrastructure Security implementations
Basic experience with ITIL processes such as Incident, Problem, Configuration and Change. Exposure to Agile project management methodology and tools
Analyzes, designs, develops and operates programs, shell scripts, tests, and infrastructure automation capabilities in a sophisticated security context
Collaborates multi-functionally with analysts, engineers, data scientists to deliver continuous improvement in cyber defense and resilience. Acts as a resource to other technologists and mentors less experienced peers.
Bachelors degree and 2 years of experience in Information Systems, or Computer Science
Associate degree and 4 years of experience in Information Systems, or Computer Science
High school diploma / GED and 6 years of experience in Information Systems, or Computer Science
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux OSs and associated scripting languages
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience on endpoint security with technologies and solutions like Traditional Anti-Malware Technologies, Next Generation Anti-Malware, and Endpoint Detection and Response
- Experience in one or more Information Security domains to include security monitoring, threat intelligence, network protection, data protection, endpoint protection, technical security assessments, security architecture
- Familiarity with information security frameworks and policies like ISO 27001/27002, NIST, and CoBIT
- Experience with regulated systems (GxP, SOX) in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare industry is preferred
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills with complex technologies that impact security
- Experience in complex enterprise environments with contending business priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective working with global, virtual teams in a collaborative setting, placing priority on the successful completion of team goals
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative and the ability to optimally prioritize
Preferred Certifications (Any):
- SANS (GSEC, GCED)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or Security+
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSA, MCSD, MCSE)
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.