Scientist Process Development - Material Science
The Materials Science team within Attribute Sciences provides scientific expertise and technical support to Amgens commercial, clinical and development portfolio. The Scientist is responsible for providing subject matter expertise in the preparation, characterization, and performance of the materials used for the manufacturing of Amgens portfolio of medicines. The scientist will perform a range of cross-functional activities including support for the development of attribute-driven specifications, the evaluation of raw material related risks to ensure the selection of materials are based upon an understanding of how the material attributes impact process performance and product quality. This role will involve building and maintaining effective cross-functional collaborations with peers from Amgens raw material network and our vendors to ensure uninterrupted supply of high-quality raw materials to Amgen.
Core job responsibilities include:
- Represent the Materials Science function in cross-functional teams as a technical subject matter expert for single-use systems, chromatography resins, and/or filter technologies.
- Conduct raw material technical assessment to support onboarding new materials and technologies, alternate material sources, as well as supplier-initiated changes.
- Support root cause investigations, evaluation of supplier technical data, and effectiveness verification of corrective/preventative actions.
- Assess raw material related risks to establish appropriate specifications and mitigation strategies.
- Work with cross-functional partners to develop digital solutions for raw material related workflows and technical information.
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Chemistry, or Materials Science, or related field, OR
- Masters degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or Material Science and at least 4 years of experience working in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical/ or related industry, capability to learn quickly, OR
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or Material Science and at least 6 years of experience working in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical or related industry, capability to learn quickly
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Expert knowledge of single-use systems, filter technologies, chromatography resins, injection molding, plastic films, or other polymer-related experience
- Strong technical document preparation skills
- Experience with quality management systems
- Experience with statistical data analysis
- Working knowledge of biomanufacturing, protein purification, and/or process development
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), including the ability to explain technical topics to non-technical colleagues
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
#Operations21Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.